Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can´t buy a premium subscription but I´m being charged for fees

Solved!

Can´t buy a premium subscription but I´m being charged for fees

Hi,

I´ve been a premium user, then because of moving to a different country stoped. Now I want to buy a new subscription but can´t. Everytime I had a new credit card I´m being charged for fees for veryfing the card but then nothing happens.

I´m not willing to keep adding my credit card and not being able to get the subscription. I´ve been charged 3 times!!!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Could you please send a request through the contact form?  If you get an auto-reply, just reply back to it and it will come into our system.  I will try and solve this for you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Are you getting any error messages or does your account just not get upgraded? Also, can you just clarify what fees you are paying, are those fees for the verifying process and not the actual premium subscription price? 

Can you double check that your card meets all of the requirements set out in this help page, most importantly that your Spotify profile and card are registered in the same country. 

If you are still having issues, you can get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I have looked at your account and can see that you have entered your new card.  Please try activating the subscription at www.spotify.com/account/subscription.  This should now let you get the premium.

If you continue getting this problem, please contact the Payment Team via the link in Peter's (Sorry!! - Calvin) message.

Hi Peter,

I was not getting a error message, it simply went to the spotify main page. But now I get this message: "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area".

Everything is ok with my card and the fee is from the verifying process and not the actual premium subscription. I´m paying 0.01 €.

Can the fact that I´m abroad be the reason? For what I´m reading, shouldn´t be. The country where I am now does not have Spotify but I do in Portugal and have a portuguese credit card.

Thanks in advance.

Rui

Hi Calvin,

I´ve done what you said but after clicking "Next" I get this message: "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area".

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hi,

Could you please send a request through the contact form?  If you get an auto-reply, just reply back to it and it will come into our system.  I will try and solve this for you.

Thanks Calvin,

Looks like everything is working now!

I´ve already my premium account back.

Good job!

Have a good day.

Suggested posts