Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel Spotify account in Canada

Can't cancel Spotify account in Canada

I got a spotify account when I was in Malaysia a couple of months back when I was travelling in the region. I completely forgot about the subscription until tonight when I looked at my credit card statement. I logged on to the website to cancel the subscription but it says I have Spotify Free but why do I still get charged 4.99 every month? I tried going further into this but as I'm in Canada my options are pretty limited.

How do I go about in confirming if I'm going to get charged for the next billing cycle?

1 Reply

Hi. It might be that you logged in with the incorrect credentials and unintentionally created a new free account. It's pretty easy to do by using a username instead of an email address (or vice-versa) so try logging out and back in. If that doesn't work, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted.

If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Suggested posts