Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

94 Replies

i am so pissed off - getting charge by spotify every month and have no subscription to them. if i go to subscription it says free. if i go to itunes and apple store >apple id > account there is no subscriptions listed to cancel.... So angry! Spotify not happy stop charging me!

Hey @rachemm

Have email receipts from any subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged, it probably means you're paying a different account from the one you usually use. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Still not letting me cancel 

I can't log into my spotify to cancel my premium what do I do?

Hey @goooooat

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi so how do you get in touch with customer service? I received confirmation in October that my subscription was cancelled and would run through to Nov. I was charged again in November. Do they have an email?

Hey @abuikema

To get in touch with them, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

Ridiculous! One million results for "cancel" says it all. This company does not give a **bleep** about users.

I've gotten constant "technical difficulties" when trying to cancel - this is apparently no accident.

If I get charged for this, I'm going to raise holy **bleep** with my Visa account. This predatory behavior must stop!

Nope! What a surprise - more "technical difficulties". 

Yeah, right. We're all stuck in Spotify Purgatory. Just try to get free of them, I guarantee you will fail.

Hey @user-removed

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be able to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

I've been trying to cancel my premium suscription for about two months, I tryied using different browsers and nothing happened. I'm a bit tired of this, I really need a solution, do you have any number or any mail or something so I can contact you guys and can solve my problem? because even the link you are sharing (https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/spotifyaccountrelated/message-id/spotify....) it shows an error. What is happening????

Hey @mfgabs

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

I tried canceling my subscription on spotify but it seems to not work because it said that I am currently on spotify free and I want to find a way to cancel it so it would stop charging me unexpectedly and I would really appreciate the help thank you!!!

Hey @Zerega12

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I had to call them it was the only way

Suggested posts