Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

Hi,

I bought a Spotify premium subscription for my ex-girlfriend in June, but we are no longer dating and she is not responding to my emails. The subscription is being paid from my PayPal. I can't cancel it, because I do not have access to her Spotify account. How do I cancel the subscription?

The most recent invoice ID in PayPal is: 261362269019.

Thanks,

Tim

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @TimTam and welcome to the community 🙂

If it is being paid through your PayPal account, and you have access to your PayPal account, you can cancel via your PayPal account (I said your PayPal account a few to many times there...).

Just login to your PayPal account, and hover over the profile tab, and click 'My Money'.

At the bottom of the table, there should be a 'My pre-approved payments' part. Click the 'Update' link, and you should see Spotify in the list.

You can then procede to cancel it, and you won't be charged for it again 🙂

Liam

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @TimTam and welcome to the community 🙂

If it is being paid through your PayPal account, and you have access to your PayPal account, you can cancel via your PayPal account (I said your PayPal account a few to many times there...).

Just login to your PayPal account, and hover over the profile tab, and click 'My Money'.

At the bottom of the table, there should be a 'My pre-approved payments' part. Click the 'Update' link, and you should see Spotify in the list.

You can then procede to cancel it, and you won't be charged for it again 🙂

Liam

Thanks Liam, that did the trick! 🙂

@TimTam wrote:

Thanks Liam, that did the trick! 🙂

No worries, glad it's solved 🙂

Liam

How do I cancel the premium subscription if I paid for it using a credit card? Thank you.

You should be able to cancel following the prompts on your online account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts