Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble cancelling. Could you give this another try for us by visiting spotify.com/account/subscription and using an alternate browser. Let us know if this makes any difference at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

To anyone who has trouble cancelling their subscription and has an Iphone and or macbook and would like to cancel it, I found a simple method after searching the internet for 20 minutes;

IPhone:

- Go to "Settings"

- Go to "iTunes & App Store"

- Go to your Apple ID; example@email.xx

- Choose "View Apple ID"

- Under Subsrictions, choose "Manage"

- Where it shows your renewal, turn the Auto-Renewl to off to stop the subscription

Macbook (Itunes):

- Open "iTunes"

- Click on your name in the top right hand corner

- Choose "Account Info" and put in your password

- Scroll down to "Settings"

- Where it says "Subscriptions: X" click on "Manage" across from it

- From there you can cancel the renewal and stop the subscription

I hope this helps someone and my instructions were clear enough!

Marked as solution

Same thing happened with me titorobe. I found the solution was to open Firefox on a separate computer and then say you are cancelling due to a technical problem. When it asks for a problem ticket, ignore it and go to cancell anyways.

94 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble cancelling. Could you give this another try for us by visiting spotify.com/account/subscription and using an alternate browser. Let us know if this makes any difference at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

That worked for me.

I use Chrome, and then tryed it with Internet Explorer.

To be honest Spotify, this is really bad for thousands of your customers!  I tried many times of the 2 months.  I have paid twice since then, and could find no help on the spotify help page, and no contact.  Only going through google, and then a link to here helped.  How many other customers are you still taking money from, because they use a major web browser like chrome?

And how does a person make a formal complaint?  Sure, it was only about 20 Euros that i have lost, but still...!  Bad service

You can open a complaint here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I signed up for free spotify in March and and then went to automatic £10 a month payment (fine)

I have now tried to cancel the subscription with help of link provided and I have no option to cancel. In fact it says that I'm still using free spotify and can subscribe to Premium. yet I am being billed £10 a month since March!!

I have sent an email t Spotify contact and no response. This is not acceptable and I demand to not be charged each month

Kind regards,

Mark

spotify account.png

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. 

If you can't locate your original account, can you post your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to check it out for you? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

um, this is a joke how bout you guys take all this money you are taking from everyone else and fix this. I am logged in to all the right things and i cant cancel my subcription. it should be universal on your website to cancel the subcription all across the board. why you guys dont give full control to the user at the account screen on your main site, blows my mind. there should be a big red button when you log into your account that says "CANCEL THIS S#!T NOW!" with no questions asked because its our right as consumers. you shouldnt make it to tricky so we get frustrated and let you steal from us cause thats what you are doing stealing. now fix the site 

hi,

Did you ever get any satisfactory answers back from Spotify? Their cancellation process seems to be a real rip off.

Was just about to sign up for the 99p for 3 months offer, and thought I had better check it out more carefully. As I suspected, it sounds like trying to cancel is frustrating.
Thanks for warning. Not doing this.

Yeah i went to this link in three different browsers and it says it has expired. Someone please help. Need to cance by the first. Also i signed up for the .99 plan and it charged me 12.99.

@amandamarie141 

Are you using the iPhone or iPad app?

To me it looks like you subscribed to premium through the iOS app because you said you got charged 12.99.

The deal is only available when you subscribe using the Spotify website. 

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. You subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If you have trouble you need to contact Apple.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi All,

I have just signed up to the deal of 0.99 for 3 months.  Now it says that I have been charged 9.99, and it will change me again in 1 months.

This is false adversising, and I am really anoyed.

I was on the Spotify website, and it said in BIG letters in the centre of the screen:
"Premium Celebration Day"
"Get Yourself 3 Months of Spotify Premium for only 0,99.  Enjoy this cold time of year with Offline Music without adverts".

"Get your upgrade now!"

(I have attached the picture.  It is in German, but that is the translation.)

I clicked "Get your upgrade now!" (which is for the 0,99 offer).

It took me direct to where I put in my credit card information, with a "Click to Confirm" button.

There was no other information about that not being the Offer or payment sedule.

Now I have been charged, or will be charged.

This really is false advertising!  Naturally it is bad, if you by something for 1 pound in a shop, then found out after I got home, that they sent a request to the credit card for 10 pounds instead, without telling you.  I feel robed!

Naturally I would go back and ask for the money back, if it were a shop.  But spotify does not allow this!  I have searched for about half an hour of the spotify site, to try and contact them and get my money back.  There is no way to do this, that I can find.

Message to Spotify.  If would be happy to be a customer for longer, than 3 months with the 0,99 deal.

But now I want:

1.  Either my money back for this month.  That is the full price that I just paid.
2.  Or I want that deal of 0.99 for 3 months.

3.  I think what you have done is distgusting.  Promising it for 1 price, then charging 10 times more.  I am sure you guys would but upset if I did that to you!

Take care.

Martin

I just clicked the 

Spotify.PNG

@1112749376 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I NEED to cancel the suscription but I cant with the solutions that you are giving.

@nicole123 

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is criminal! Spotify is intentionally bringing up errors and making it impossible to cancel. You guys are PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

What worked for me, is to using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome.

I could not cancel it, on my iPad, mobile, or any of my normal browsers.  I hope using Internet Explorer works for you guys.

Months later, after I had cancelled, Spotify sent me an advert, of 3 months for 99 cent (or something similar).  I signed up, and found they would not honour their offer (but only after I had signed up for it and they charged me the full first month) and I had to pay the full fare!  At this point I did complain.  This time, they did explain, the offer was only ment for customers who where never with Spotify (I wonder why they sent it to me), but they did give me 2 months free as a good will gesture.

My advice.  Complain.  And use Internet explorer to cancel.

My advice to Spotify.  YOU ARE MAKING PEOPLE ANGRY!!!!!!!   You act like crooks!!!!!!

If my software company found a bug in our software that does this, it would be labled as "critical" and fixed withing days!  But how many months has this gone on for?  Why are people still complaining?  Spotify team, don't you have any sence of self honour?

Kind regards to the other customer,

Martin Neal

Spotify is intentionally making it impossible to cancel your subscription. This is criminal!! Rhapsody did the exact same thing to me years ago and I never went back to that service. I was only going to temporarily leave Spotify but after this scam I'm NEVER coming back!!! Great job Spotify!

I don't blame you!

In fact, this is recomended.

Suggested posts