Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

94 Replies

@Patrick2 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Been trying to unsubscribe my premium, cuz i dont really listen that much music these days. But i cant.... it just says wrong password all the time. Yes its linked to facebook account. Facebook password doesnt work.. eighter do others it might be(i have listed all my passwords, if i forget them). This is anyways a global problem and includes thousands of customers. How much money spotify is making just because of this....

Password works fine when logging in.... but not when trying to unsub.

EDIT: Tried to log in in spotify.com/us, and password didnt work... like it did before i logged in spotify.com/fi. So i reseted password and got in and unsubbed.

But why did wrong password work in /fi/-sites, but not in /us/-sites? There might be a bigger problem...... ok bye.

I came here to say that what you are doing is completely legal and makes sense from a business stand point. Let your IOS users subscribe to your premium service,  then allow Apple to manage the subscription so that people have a hard time figuring out how to unsubscribe from your service. Hopefully, the majority of the users DO forget, or simply do not want to research online how to unsubscribe. Spotify could make a lot of money that way!

Spotify - I have been a loyal customer for a year or so now and I have been very vocal in my support for you. This type of trickery is the sort of thing practiced by Used-Car dealerships and Cable providers. You are tarnishing your brand and my respect by not handling the subscription within App. Don't let Apple push you around. 

I also still cannot unsubcribe, tried on several computers and browsers (and was not subscribed through iTunes). I finally emailed support, as suggested by a couple people in this thread, and someone unsubscribed me within like 5 minutes. Still, it's pretty unimpressive that you can't unsubscribe yourself! I'm using pretty standard browsers (Safari, Chrome, FF) on OS X Yosemite, it's not like I'm on some weird legacy Linux machine from 1998!

I had a good 3 years or so with Spotify but this made me wary of coming back.

I can't cancel mine either. There is no way to talk to a real person. Bad business practices spotify. The only way to deal with this is cancel through your credit card company. I'm a school teacher.  I will be passing it on that Spotify is not on the up and up. It will reach about 15000 music lovers.

Marked as solution

To anyone who has trouble cancelling their subscription and has an Iphone and or macbook and would like to cancel it, I found a simple method after searching the internet for 20 minutes;

IPhone:

- Go to "Settings"

- Go to "iTunes & App Store"

- Go to your Apple ID; example@email.xx

- Choose "View Apple ID"

- Under Subsrictions, choose "Manage"

- Where it shows your renewal, turn the Auto-Renewl to off to stop the subscription

Macbook (Itunes):

- Open "iTunes"

- Click on your name in the top right hand corner

- Choose "Account Info" and put in your password

- Scroll down to "Settings"

- Where it says "Subscriptions: X" click on "Manage" across from it

- From there you can cancel the renewal and stop the subscription

I hope this helps someone and my instructions were clear enough!

F**k me, I know exactly what your saying. Iv tried so many times to cancel!!!! Can never ever find a cancel button 😩

Have tried numerous times and on different occasions to cancel my spotify premium subscription, however it still will not give me the option to do so! I dont find this service helpful at all as there is no help line offered, and you have to have access to a laptop or a computer to cancel! I tried using internet exploerer and google chrome.. neither work! any help???!

How do I cancel my account this is so pathetic

Doesnt work. I would like to cancle my subcription and the website will not alow me.

Spotify. Get your **bleep** together. I emailed two weeks ago and you sent me a reply which didn't help in anyway!!!!! MAYBE INCLUDE A BIG RED CANCEL BUTTON ON YOUR APP!!!!

At first I was cancelling because I couldn't afford it and was planning on coming back, now I'm just not coming back. Thanks for taking hundreds of pounds from me, then when I choose to stop shortly I spend hours and hours going in circles, being asked several times whether "I'm sure" then being sent back to where I started.

Obviously on purpose to retain customers out of frustration. Shoddy practices. You've lost my custom.

Thank you, this worked great.

I cannot cancel the subscription to SPOTIFY...ON MY CREDIT CARD....ALSO...BEWARE OF CLICKING ON TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS TO

AMAZON KINDLE ALSO WILL CONNECT WITH YOUR CR CD ON AMAZON DIGITAL SERVICES AND TAKES PHONE CALL TO CANCEL........THE BANK WILL NOT LET YOU CANCEL CR CD TO RELIEVE THIS..HAPPENING ALL AROUND...MILLION 9.99

EQUALS TO ALOT OF MONEY FOR ONE MONTH.

@jhilde wrote:

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

I was just about to upgrade to premium, at least for the 3-month trial. Really sucks, because I'm about to travel to brazil and I was really looking forward to listeing offline on the plane. After reading about how hard it is to cancel, I'm not doing it. I'll be better off just buying a bunch of songs off itunes. I can't believe spotify does this. 

It is not hard at all to unsubscribe. Either you do it via Spotify website
account management or via your iTunes account subscriptions, depending on
how you sign up.
Go ahead, use Spotify for your trip. You well be glad you did it.

THE EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW

I also want to cancel my spotify subscription, but it keeps redirecting me and I have tried to use three different browsers. I am never using spotify again, nor will i reccomend it to anyone.

i just went through the loop of trying to cancel, following all the steps to the end, only to be redirected to the beginning of the process. so frustrating. this is very frustrating to feel so taken advantage of.

i finally logged out of my premium account in the app on my iphone and then went back to cancel on the website and it was successful. hope this helps for others too.

Hi,

I would like to cancel my premium subscription but when, at the end of the procedure, the system asks me for my password it says that my password is wrong. It is actually the same password I used to log in 2 minutes before and that works to log in.

I tried from two different browsers on two differnt windows 10 PCs.

Can someone at spotify solve my problem?

Thanks,

Domenico

Suggested posts