Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't cancel premium subscription

Solved!

Can't cancel premium subscription

I keep trying to cancel my subscription and when i go through the steps it won't let me. It sends me back to the starting page and my subscription is still intact. I've tried for almost and hour and I'm 100% sure i'm using the correct Facebook password. I really need to cancel, I would appreciate any help.

94 Replies

I have been trying to unsubscribe for hours. How is this legal?

My problem was that I had some special characters in my password. After changing it to a password made only of numbers and letters I was easily able to unsubscribe.It took time to figure it out and nobody from Spotify helped me.

Using Chrome simply wont work. I've had the same problem.

I fixed it using firefox.

Bit lousy of Spotify if you can only use one certain browser to cancel something that claims can be used on all devices when you buy premium 😞 

NOT HAPPY SPOTIFY NOT HAPPY.

It is currently impossible cancell Spotify on my phone, the website keeps crashing over and over as soon as I get to the "are you sure" part. Very convenient of them...

I was cancelling for a few months while I saved some money but this has put such a bad taste in my mouth, I have tried for an hour trying to get my sub done and I am going to have to resort to calling my credit card company to have them manually stop the payments.

It's ridiculous i have to jump though hours of hoops to do what should take seconds.

I figured out how to get it to work, at least for me I had to open a technical problem ticket in which I ignored the ticket and just hit cancell, literally every other option would hang up and load for infinity until you gave up.

What a waste of my time

Hello, I have been tryng to unsubscribe for more than one week now, tried with all kind of browsers, and after choose the reason I am unsubscribing.... it just take forever..

This url:

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/cancel/reason/?why=trying-to-save-money

take forever.. and it just does not go anywhere, it keep loading until the user desist.

Questions:

1- Is this a trick of spotify to keep users subscribed?

2- If not... Have some QA from this company tested this functionallity latelly??

3- Is the company aware this is an issue is affecting client's money, and it can be considered for a legal dispute from all the affected clients to spotify??

P.D.

I have been spotify follower and client for long time, and I had never seen something like this.

I hope we can read about a solution here soon.

Marked as solution

Same thing happened with me titorobe. I found the solution was to open Firefox on a separate computer and then say you are cancelling due to a technical problem. When it asks for a problem ticket, ignore it and go to cancell anyways.

It worked for me!!..

Thanks a lot..

I hope your answer will help other people too.

I can't cancel either .
Was easy to sign up !!!!!
Not good !

I have been trying for days to cancel. I have filled out and emailed their form which got me a reply to go back to fill out another  2 days before they charged me again.   I kept going around in circles unable to do anything. Finally I sent an email to support which gets a delivery notification of still delayed after 36 hours.

I've been having intermittent problems with their service on my iphone for months but recently they got so much worse I sat down to try to solve the problems. After wasting too much time unable to change my device password, I finally decided I've had enough and decided to cancel premium altogether. They still charged me but removed all my playlists.  So I came to the commuity to see if others were having the same problems.  And here I try to follow this thread and the link they gave didn't even work.  So I went on Chrome and followed a different route to cancel premium and got an acknowledgment that I had canceled and could come back whenever I was ready.  Since they are ignoring my emails and I expect they won't refund my payment for this month, I'm going to call my credit card and start a chargeback. 

Same here.  Nevermind!

I agree 100%. Really poor business move. Everyone should use Apple Music. I've lost 30$ because of this awful web design.

Hello, this is not working for me. I thought I had cancelled premium, I need to to activate my vodaphone free premium deal. But everytime I go into account - subscription it just says 'stay premium' and doesn't give me the option to cancel. I would really like some help with this

I'm getting the same thing! It's very frustrating! They have no place to contact them either. I don't. Know what to do other than put a block on my cc to prevent any further charges. This is very poor customer service!

Why do you make it so hard to cancel????? I had the free and then you started charging me. And as all sales gimmicks like this, we consumers forget to cancel, as you people hope we will. But then when we realize it and try to cancel, you make it so hard we can't and you probably count on people not pursuing it! I will Tweet this as well as Facebook to get this out! Not only do you not make it easy, you don't reply to emails for help. 

I have never had such a hard time canceling a subscription or finding help and contact info. I still haven't been able to. I cannot open the subscription area of my account. It won't own. Every other topic opens. This feels like a scam. I am going to post in all my social media accounts and to everyone I know about this experience.

I have cancelled my sub few weeks ago. Today I got charged again. So I cancelled the sub again today and the page said 'goodbye'. I have checked the subscription page of my account and it STILL says I will be automatically charged the next month...WTF??

legend thank you

I thought I cancelled my subscription last Feb 29, 2016 but apparently it was still subscribed because my credit card company still kept billing me. Had to unsubscribe agahn. Please verify your records because I don't want to pay for a service I stopped using so I want my money back. Hoping for a response ASAP.

@sammyatilano

You should delete your payment info, so no new charges can be made.

To do this do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you with your refund. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts