Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change account details (location)

Solved!

Can't change account details (location)

I don't know why Spotify has signed me up as living in the US, problem is even by editing payment methods (as they suggest) I am unable to change my location, and now Spotify won't play nomore because it sees me as "abroad".

Trying contacting support, they replied immediately asking questions and then disappeared.

It's been almosta a week now, I can't play it and they won't reply to my emails anymore.

WTF?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hellbug - I've just deleted those payment details, so it may help. Can you try again?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

142 Replies

Hello Gemma.

In order to change your country settings, try the following - 

* Place a postal code on your account. 

* Adding a payment method to your account (but no need to actually subscribe)

Then, you should be able to change your country settings.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Tried it: does not work.

We should be able to try and change this over for you - I'm going to be sending you an e-mail just asking for some security details, and we should be able to get it sorted. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have the same problem. They see me as being abroad, but I am not and I can't change it unless I pay, but I just need Spotify Free... Is it possible to change my location without having to pay?

Hello Julie - 

You don't need to pay to change your country settings. You just need to add a payment method to your account, and update your Postal Code. You should then be able to change your country settings.

Airhorn Enthusiast

It's just a pain in the ass.

I was in the Netherlands for holidays and I created a Spotify account there.
Now I'm back in Austria and they say that I have to update my profile cause I'm abroad.
well, tried it, but as since I don't have a credit card I'm basically **bleep**ed and can't listen to Spotify anymore.
-___-

You should be, but in fact you're not.

Either your system does not work, or I don't know what else.

And what if someone doesn't have a cerdit card?

Most of all, why did it sign me up in the wrong country? I tried logging in with anothe facebook account, it detected my IP and everything went just fne. I really don't understand.

I got your mail, David, replied too: hope you won't fail me like your colleague did...

I can't change the country from Norway to Denmark either, so now it won't play anymore How can I change it? If I change payment method, it's declined, and I can't change country in any other way. What can I do, if I still wanna use Spotify?

Gemma,

I just looked up the email on our system and couldn't locate a reply... strange. Could you try send it through again?

Everyone else - I'm just sending you guys an email too! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Im having a similar problem. I moved from the UK to the US 5 months ago,  I have tried changing my payment details and it still wont let me change my country, says something like that Im not allowed to use this account abroad.

I have emailed spotify support, posted on the old forum and tweeted them and not had 1 response. Hopefully this new forum has better support. I really love Spotify but this issue is ridiculous and the lack of support is very poor.

Hi PaddyJones,

Have a look in your inbox--I've just sent you an email asking for some security details so we can make this change. 

Hi,

Sorry Meredith. No email in either of my email accounts, or my junk mail.

I have a similar issue. I signed up for Spotify while living in the States, but I've moved to Spain. 

Spotify won't let me change my location and won't accept my payment details. 

Is there anything that can be done to take care of this issue?

David,

I'm sorry, I'm afrai I deleted your email and I don't think sending another one to the general support@spotify would be the same.

Please send me the mail once again and I 'll reply.

Thanks

David,

I just got your email and replied immediately.

Please let me know if everything's ok.

Thanks

Gemma - Just sorted yours out!

Paddy - I've seen your email, and replied to you - Everything should be done now.

Nitesh - I've popped a little email your way.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you, David. Just sent you a reply.

Hi. I´ve got the exact same problem. I´ve recently moved from Sweden to Denmark - and now I´m not allowed to change my payment details (there is an error notification, I´ve tried many times without luck). Could you please help me? 

Thanks in advance.

Mille

Mille - I've just sent you a little email. If you could confirm those details, we'll sort it out.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts