Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country and won't let me log in

Can't change country and won't let me log in

Hello everyone! I moved to Australia 6 weeks ago and I can't use my spotify account. In a previous post I had read that I had to put my credit card details to change my country, so I did, but ended up just paying for spotify premium for a month and it didnt even let me change my details. Now it won't let me log in unless I pay, but I don't want to get premium, how do I get free spotify? I created my account when I was in Australia the first time, used it all this past year in London without a problem and didnt have problems in Italy either, so how comes I can't use it in Australia??

THANK YOU!

10 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

What error do you get? If the error says Spotify isn't available in your country, then I can tell you we are already aware of this issue. 

Please let me know what error message you get, so I can help you further 🙂

Hi there! Thanks for your reply 🙂 Spotify is available in Australia, but I had to pay, again, cause it wont let me change my country detail unless I subscribe to premium. So I ended up paying again!! I read that you only had to put your card details without charging you, but I did have to pay. Quite annoying. Plus, I don't know if you can help, but on the website they say that if you pay one month of premium they'll give you an extra one for free. Since I've paid it'd be nice at this point to get the free month, how do I get it?

Thanks!! 🙂 🙂

Hi @GingerGeorgie,

Country changes are based on both your creditcard and IP.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

Only new customers who never had a premium subscription before are eligable for this promotion.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi there - I'm having a similar problem.

I signed up to Spotify (free) in early Nov shortly before heading off on a trip to South America. Since I've landed here I am unable to log in and everyone the error message "You appear to be login on in another country". Am I not allowed do so? I am presently in Colombia but will be visiting a number of other countries. I even tried setting up a new account but on entering my email address I wasnt allowed proceed. I'm new to all this (I'm 55), would appreciate any help and am open to the idea of Premium if that's the way to go. Many thanks Jerry

Hello: Only premium users can use spotify in different regions when traveling, if you have a payment option already listed on your account details you can use spotify free for 14 days aboard but then be charged for premium afterwards to continue using spotify abroad. You will need to use a payment method from the country you registered your premium account in and add it to your account page from here https://www.spotify.com/purchase/product/premium/?utm_campaign=account_subscription#__extended-credi...once you have done that, you should be able to change your country to the one you are currently in on your account page and then attempt to log into your spotify account through your apps now and see if everything works correct.

If things do not work right you need to contact CS here this url https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact and fill out the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community boards reply back to that email, even if it is from a noreply and a customer support rep will get with you shortly.

Spotify won't let me in even though I've been in the same country this whole time. It says 'you can only use spotify abroad for 14 days' and I don't even know what that means! Please help I really want to listen to music again!

Hi,
On my Spotify it says I am from the USA and I am not I am from England. I am using Spotify free. This is not fair as I have stayed in the same country and have not gone anywhere else. I need to change or I am going to get logged out again from a new account that I have created

Why can't you use this a different country man do you now that is the worst thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! All you want to is get more money. Like come on... I'm in the D.R. and WiFi is barely seen in these places that's I used offline. But then when I woke up one day I couldn't login to because I'm not in America. Fix this please. This has been going on for more than one year so do something. I WANT TO HEAR MY SONGS IN BUS TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

I'm having a similar problem.

I moved from Canada to the US with my family. Spotify won't let me change my country, even after changing payment details.

Spotify won't let me add family members in my household in the US either.

Hello I'm from UK just moved to NL. I know you can get spotify here because my adverts were in dutch for two weeks before it logged me out. I can't afford spotify premium right now as I'm 18 looking for work in a foreign country. Why can't I log in?

Suggested posts