Free

Country

Mexico

Device

Xiaomi Redmi

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The option to change country or location simply won't allow me any option to change in edit profile. My account logged me out of the app too so I can't log back in. I was living in Mexico for 6 months so changed my location but am now in el Salvador and travelling to other countries too. My payment cards are UK based. Please help, I would just like to login again. Thanks in advance

5 Replies

Hey @ewo_n-nwq5ols, Welcome to our Comunity.

Thanks for reaching out!

When you receive a message in the app that you can't use Spotify because you've been abroad for 14 days, you'll need to upgrade. Using Spotify abroad for more than 14 days is a Premium only feature. 

If the country currently set in your account matches your current IP address then this option will be greyed out:

To change your country you’ll need to add a new subscription:
  1. Click Subscription at the top of the page, then Add a payment method.
  2. Select Get Premium.
  3. You can change the country for your account at the top of the page by clicking the country name and selecting a new one from the drop-down.
  4. Select a payment method and click Continue to confirm the changes and purchase your subscription.

If you’re already a paying customer:

1. Click Update your payment details. 
    2. Choose your new country from the drop down menu, enter your zip code, select your new payment method and press Change.

If you have any other question please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks for the response. 

I have tried this however it won't work for me. It hasn't occur systematically as you suggest it does. I can only access these pages by mobile so maybe I am viewing a mobile site. Yet when clicking subscription the only option is to 'get premium'. After selecting this all I can do is try to pay with my English payment methods. This of course does not work due to the country of registration being Mexico. Furthermore, as stated before this can't be changed in 'edit profile'. 

Therefore I am currently stuck. Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to use a desktop? Or can Spotify override my country and put it back to England in order for me to upgrade to premium? 

Thanks again

Hey @ewo_n-nwq5ols,

That's how it works.

You need to be physically in the place you created your account to be able to change it again. I would suggest to use a VPN but it usually doesn't work.

I would recommend asking someone in UK to login with your account change it back and you can use your account.

Still mind this, if you are on the Free plan and travel in other countries you will be logged out of your account after 14 days. There's where the VPN would work.

If you need any help, just ping me 😉

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Quick update:

I have taken a while to respond as I was checking all possibilities. I tried what you suggested. My family in England (where the account was created) to log in and change the country. Unfortunately this didn't work.

Then, as the country is currently registered to Mexico. A friend logged in in Mexico and tried to change the location. Simply this didn't work either. 

In both cases the drop down list never offered other options. I'm not sure what I can do from here. Hope you can offer another potential solution. Thanks again.

Hey @ewo_n-nwq5ols,

Hope you are doing great!

Sorry that it didn't work. Suggest them to click on Sign out everywhere in your accounts page when they login.

Suggest them to use incognito mode or clear the browsers cache.

I will keep you update on this 🙂

Suggested posts