Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country, stuck in loop

Solved!

Can't change country, stuck in loop

I've recently moved from New Zealand to Malaysia and I'm trying to change country in my account settings (my account is premium). When I enter my new Malaysian credit card details I am given this message (see image below). Then if I click "Change to Malaysia" the page refreshes and nothing happens. When I go back to edit profile the country section still says New Zealand and is greyed out. Tried it in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Perhaps it's a bug?

I have tried everything including this article everyone keeps talking about, it is obsolete. The interface that the article outlines appears to be outdated, the "..." button no longer exists.Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 11.47.01 PM.png

Would really appreciate any help!! Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nickpitcher

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile to Malaysia, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nickpitcher

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile to Malaysia, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi @

@nickpitcher

Don't worry. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up. That means your renewal date should not change, and will be charged again until that date comes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts