Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country to newly launched Romania

Solved!

Can't change country to newly launched Romania

I have been living in Germany for one year, and I am currently relocating back to Romania.

I tried both ways of changing a country, neither works:

- Country is grayed out, although me and my network are in Romania. No VPN.

- Can't change payment to a Romanian Visa: "Your payment method and country don't match.
To continue, change your account's location or use a different payment method."

It seems I am locked in a loop. Is Romanian Premium Plan missing some settings/configurations?

Screenshot 2018-03-28 10.31.12.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's odd.

I think the best thing to do would be just waiting until your subscription has ended, then changing the country setting as a Free user to Romania, and then subscribing again using your Romanian payment method.

Okay?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @mihneasim,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try cancelling your subscription (instructions here) and then try to re-subscribe at https://spotify.com/premium using your new payment details?

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

It didn't work. I cancelled (says i still have Premium until 04/22), but when i access your URL, i am redirected to https://www.spotify.com/ro/purchase/panel/#__main-pci-credit-card where the interface is half in German, with German payment plan, and my RO card is still not accepted.

Marked as solution

That's odd.

I think the best thing to do would be just waiting until your subscription has ended, then changing the country setting as a Free user to Romania, and then subscribing again using your Romanian payment method.

Okay?

MaximSpotify Star

Yeah, I can do that. I will let you know how it goes!

It worked!! The only odd thing was the mobile app was downloading 21 songs (I am sure I already had all my Library downloaded).

Thank you for the help! The conclusion is one can't change country until Premium expires.

Suggested posts