Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country; tried all the fixes, but didn't work

Solved!

Can't change country; tried all the fixes, but didn't work

Hi!

So I'm having a similar (but not quite the same problem) as another Spotify user:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Can-t-change-country-in-my-account-I-ve-already-tried-the/...

I have Spotify free and am currently in Germany.

Just now I started up my laptop and wanted to open spotify to change the startup settings.

But I was unable to log in as it said "Your country does not match the one set up in your profile".

This is likely due to me changing my country from Germany to UK, because I thought perhaps then I could get audiobooks in English instead of German (- it didn't work unfortunately).

So I navigated to "Edit profile" and opened the country drop down menu. But all I could choose was "United Kingdom".

I can't remember where exactly, but in one of the Spotify help pages it said that the country is set via your IP address, and that if you're in the country you want to change it to, it'll show up in the country drop down menu.

So since Germany doesn't turn up in the country drop down menu, how do I get it to show up?/How can I change my country back to Germany so that I can open Spotify on my laptop?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I actually just managed to fix it like this:

As I wanted to try out one of your suggested solutions (using incognito mode or a different browser) I was too lazy to go to the Spotify website and click on "my profile", so instead I went to copy the link (as I still had that open in a tab).

As I was about to copy the link, I realised that it said "https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/profile/".

So I just changed the "uk" to "de" and reloaded the page. Everything was now in German obviously and the country drop down menu now showed Germany as well as the United Kingdom.

Thanks again for your help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection. If you have a Premium subscription, you need to pay with a payment method that matches the country you're currently in. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more info. Also, can you let me know if you're using a VPN?

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey!

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I actually just managed to fix it like this:

As I wanted to try out one of your suggested solutions (using incognito mode or a different browser) I was too lazy to go to the Spotify website and click on "my profile", so instead I went to copy the link (as I still had that open in a tab).

As I was about to copy the link, I realised that it said "https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/profile/".

So I just changed the "uk" to "de" and reloaded the page. Everything was now in German obviously and the country drop down menu now showed Germany as well as the United Kingdom.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for letting me know that did the trick. I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Thank you! Will do.

Have a good one 🙂

Have a nice day too 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts