Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country

Can't change country

Hi,

I installed Spotify and connected via Facebook while on a VPN with a Germany IP. For this reason, I think, my country is set to 'Germany' (I'm in Romania). I disconnected the VPN, cleaned all Spotify cookies, logged out and back in, but can't change the country from Edit Profile; the selection is 'Germany' and greyed out. I confirmed with whatsmyip.com that I have a Romanian IP now. I can't change the payment settings either because, guess what, I have a Romanian credit card.

How can I change the country?

Thanks,

Alexandra

9 Replies

Hey @aghecenco, welcome to the community!

Let's try using a different browser to update your country following these steps. If that doesn't do the trick, try using a different device altogether to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€
โ€• Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi! I tried from Firefox and Chromium on Linux with the same result and from Chrome on my Android phone. Attaching screenshots from this.

Thanks,

Alexandra

<Moderator edit: screenshot had personal information>

Screenshot_20180403-104230.jpg

I am currently having this same issue, as I am located in France for a few months but cannot pay for my subscription as I have a US card. When I go to change my country in the settings, the same problem occurs where I only have the option of France in the drop down menu.

Hey @aghecenco!

Just to confirm, is this happening over the same internet connection? If so, please try using a different WiFi.

You can also use your phone's data to see if it's still the same.

@cpaylor7, Sadly, since your Spotify account is set to France, and you're in the same country, you won't be able to change the country to the USA.

You'll need to use a French payment method to get Premium.

All the best.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€

It's the same from my wifi at home, a public one and my data connection.

Alexandra

Did you try from the desktop app?

Spotify is available in romania?

I tried from 2 browsers on my laptop and the Spotify app and browser on my
Android phone. I didn't try the desktop app, will give it a go later.

Spotify was launched in Romania in March.

Alexandra

Hey Alexandra!

Give me a shout when you try it from the desktop browser. Also, try using an incognito window to be on the safe side.

In case you've purchased a Premium subscription when the account was set to Germany, I suggest cancelling it first. You'll be able to update the country to Rumania once the account goes back to Free.

If you'd like to continue the subscription with a local payment method, you can follow the steps for Premium subscriptions and update the payment method.

Keep me in the loop.

I tried, again, from the desktop browser. Incognito mode too. Cookies cleaned. It's the same.

The desktop app opens the browser anyway when you access the Account menu.

And I don't have an option to cancel the subscription. It's still in the trial period.

Alexandra

Screenshot from 2018-04-06 11-44-14.png

Suggested posts