Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country

Can't change country

Hey,

I recently moved back from Australia to the uk and need to update my card details. 

However it's telling me to change country first in my edit profile settings. 

Ive tried to change the country by going into edit profile like it said but the drop down box won't work for countries. What should I do as my payments are failing and i don't want to lose my music 

thank you 

4 Replies

Hey @Lucy921, welcome to the community!

When following the steps to update your payment method, the page should prompt you to update your country after entering the UK payment details.

If you're not being prompted to do so before updating the card details, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to do so.

As a last resource, you can cancel the subscription. You should be able to update the country once the account goes back to Free, and resubscribe with your payment method from the UK.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

When will spotify become available in Srilanka?

Hi Alfredo,

I have been having an issue similar to this also. I used to live in Turkey which I had my Premium account at then I have moved to Spain and now my payment method doesn't works saying that my card is a not a Spanish card so I can't pay.

If you would be able to help me with this issue I would very much appreciate it.

Regards

Screenshot_20180404-164126.png

Hey @missingsoul!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your payment methods and country.

In this case, I'd suggest cancelling your current subscription first. Once the account is back to Free, you shouldn't have any trouble updating the country to Spain, and then resubscribing with the Spanish card.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts