Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country

Solved!

Can't change country

I'm currently on a Premium plan, and the location on my account is set to UK. Until today, I was paying with a UK visa debit card.

I have moved to Germany, so I went to change my payment details. I successfully changed my payment method to a German paypal account, but the country on my profile refuses to change - no matter what I do, even when I select Germany and reconfirm my Paypal address (going through the screen with all the German payment methods) it stays as UK and refuses to change to Germany.

I'm also trying to change from Premium to Premium Family, but I get the "Oops! Something went wrong" error when I try to select the premium family plan.

Don't know if this matters, but my account is Facebook-linked - but the location on my profile is Germany.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mike2661 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that the changes will only take effect from your next billing date. Until then, your country setting will still be set to the United Kingdom.

I'd recommend trying to subscribe to Premium Family once your country setting has been updated. If you don't want to pay for Premium for another month, you could cancel your subscription, and once you're back on the free plan, subscribe to Premium Family using your German payment method.

You keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play with ads. The only thing that you might lose is your offline music, but you can easily re-download it all 🙂

If you have any other questions, let me know. 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @mike2661 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that the changes will only take effect from your next billing date. Until then, your country setting will still be set to the United Kingdom.

I'd recommend trying to subscribe to Premium Family once your country setting has been updated. If you don't want to pay for Premium for another month, you could cancel your subscription, and once you're back on the free plan, subscribe to Premium Family using your German payment method.

You keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play with ads. The only thing that you might lose is your offline music, but you can easily re-download it all 🙂

If you have any other questions, let me know. 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts