Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change credit card on file without upgrading to Premium

Can't change credit card on file without upgrading to Premium

Hi,

I am currently on Spotify Unlimited for $4.99/mo.  I don't want to upgrade to Premium.  I just want to change my credit card on file.

In My Account / Subscription tab, there is a link for Change payment method or card details.  When I click this, I get a screen that says "Start my Spotify Premium," and I can change my credit card but there is no option to just save the card change, without upgrading to Spotify Premium.

Can someone please help?  I had another issue a few months ago with Spotify doing everything it could to force me to upgrade to Premium.  It's frustrating to have to spend time on something like this that should be a simple 1-minute change.  If I were aware of another service that I would be satisfied with, I would definitely switch.  Maybe they're counting on being just enough better than the competition that people won't switch even though their website is frustrating.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

1 Reply

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately Spotify Unlimited isn't available officially anymore. The only thing you might try is to get in touch with Spotify, to ask them if you just can change your credit card details, without upgrading to Premium.

However, I cannot promise you anything.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts