Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change/delete my profile picture

Solved!

Can't change/delete my profile picture

Hi, i would like to change my profile picture, i use the desktop app.

When i clicked on profil it opened me https://www.spotify.com/fr/account/overview/

I searched and it said that i need to put my mouse on my profile picture and a "modify" text will appear but nothing happend.

If anyone can help me thanks alot!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @LPB1

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The link you shared is just your account overview and, unfortunately, you won't be able to change your picture through that page. 

In order to change your profile picture, you need to use a Spotify desktop app. 

You can download it at www.spotify.com/download, or in your desktop app store. 

1. Click your username in the top-right corner of the desktop app.
  2. Hover over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  3. Select the picture you want to use (must be .jpeg, with a maximum file size of 4 MB).

Note: Make sure your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights. For more information, check out the playlist image guidelines

change profile picture.jpg

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @LPB1

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The link you shared is just your account overview and, unfortunately, you won't be able to change your picture through that page. 

In order to change your profile picture, you need to use a Spotify desktop app. 

You can download it at www.spotify.com/download, or in your desktop app store. 

1. Click your username in the top-right corner of the desktop app.
  2. Hover over your existing profile picture and click Change.
  3. Select the picture you want to use (must be .jpeg, with a maximum file size of 4 MB).

Note: Make sure your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights. For more information, check out the playlist image guidelines

change profile picture.jpg

I hope it helps!

Hi,

thanks you, i was using a spotify app downloading by windows store.

With my new app installing by SpotifySetup i can edit my account in the app!

Hello @LPB1

You're welcome!

I'm glad I was able to help. 

Thanks for letting me know that it worked and for accepting my answer as solution. 

Have a great day 🙂

I have this problem, I tried to change my pfp and I could only remove it. so I removed it and hit "choose photo" and I clicked on a 1.9mb jpeg pic, and it selects it, then it doesn't change, so I hit save, it loads and still doesn't change. is there anything I can do?

Hey @PicoNeo,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

Could you please let us know on which platform you've tried to update your profile picture? Did you use the desktop app or the mobile app?

If you've tried on the mobile platform, try changing your profile photo on your computer app or vice versa. 

If the issue persists, we'd recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example try to connect to another Wi-Fi or test with a hotspot network (if possible). 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm on desktop, for Mac right now. ok I'll try that! thank you!

just tried it on pc, it worked, thanks so much!!

Hey @PicoNeo,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that you're able to update your profile picture now. 

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts