Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change e-mail & Can't resubscribe

Can't change e-mail & Can't resubscribe

Hello. Firstly, I can't change my e-mail for this account. I've tried resetting it, but it says that there's no account associated with the new e-mail, but when I try to change this account to the new e-mail it doesn't work. What should I do?

Secondly, I've tried to resubscribe to Spotify-premium but it says that I don't have sufficient funds (which I do) and that I should log in & out (which I have). What is the problem?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you trying to update your email on your Spotify profile

As for your failed payment, does your card meet all of the requirements set out in this help page

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem. When I try to change my email address in the Edit profile section, it says "Another account is already registered with this email address".  But when I try to reset the password with that address I get a message "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account". Confusing.

@markkis wrote:

I have the same problem. When I try to change my email address in the Edit profile section, it says "Another account is already registered with this email address".  But when I try to reset the password with that address I get a message "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account". Confusing.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you have another duplicate account in the system which is not completely registered. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to remove it for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I hope this gets bumped. I haven't been able to access my computer in 2 weeks so I'm sorry for the delay.

Anyways. It's still the same problem. I try to upgrade, it gives me an error message in a big, red box right after I fill in my password. I've even tried connecting to facebook but it's still the same. I just sent a message contacting the staff (or whoever gets it) and if they don't bring me a solution, I don't know what to do.

Suggested posts