Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change email password, redirect to facebook change password change.

Solved!

Can't change email password, redirect to facebook change password change.

Hello, i've created spotify account some time ago with email/password combination. Later i connected my account to facebook. Now i can login with facebook or by email/password combination. I want to change that email login password but spotify redirects me to facebook change password page. 

I need to change that email/password combination, because it's very likely that somebody somehow aquired that email and password and now i see some strage activity on my account and i can't do nothing about it.... Noone have access to my fb account to be clear, it's 100% secure.  

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @1168828909! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, your e-mail is tied to your Facebook.

This means you'd have to change your Facebook e-mail to see a change in your account!

Since I see that there is an unknown device in your account, please do the following:

1. Change Facebook's e-mail.
  2. Change Facebook's password.
  3. Head to Account Overview, go to SET PASSWORD, then go back to the overview section and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

One more thing, now these days we can never be 100% sure that our accounts are safe. Many websites and professionals suggest to change your password at least once every one or two years minimum!

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @1168828909! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, your e-mail is tied to your Facebook.

This means you'd have to change your Facebook e-mail to see a change in your account!

Since I see that there is an unknown device in your account, please do the following:

1. Change Facebook's e-mail.
  2. Change Facebook's password.
  3. Head to Account Overview, go to SET PASSWORD, then go back to the overview section and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

One more thing, now these days we can never be 100% sure that our accounts are safe. Many websites and professionals suggest to change your password at least once every one or two years minimum!

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks!

Head to Account Overview, go to SET PASSWORD, then go back to the overview section and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

This helped! I've signed out everywhere and i set device password. This changed my password to login with email/password combination. Now i can only access my account.

Suggested posts