Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change email

Can't change email

Hi,

I have a problem. When I log on (through Facebook) the email address listed on my account is not mine, nor has it ever been. I can't change this as I can't remember my password, which Spotify tells me is the same as my Facebook password, but this doesn't work. In addition it tells me that the email address I am trying to change to is alread taken.

I have tried to log on wiht my email address to Spotify but don't know what the password would be and it tells me it is linked to Facebook, which is my Facebook profile (the one linked to my spotify account)

So why is the email on my account wrong then?

And how can I figure out how to change my email and my password??

Thanks!

4 Replies

When you signed up through facebook, your facebook email will be used and changing facebook email is the only way to change it. and you can only login through Facebook. You will not have any password. Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you for replying!

But the email listed on my account is not my Facebook email, and it has never been an email I've used! Thats why it's so confusing!!

Ok, I will try to excalate your problem because contacting support through contact form will not help you because you're email is different.

@nic1326

Hello:

Just to clarified, did you set up a Spotify account using your facebook user account? Have you tried going through the facebook password reset options and/or facebook recover options on your facebook account?

If your issue as I understand it is problems with accessing the email address associated with facebook correct? As this email address is connected to your Spotify account? These facebook trouble shooting tips might help here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/132243923516844

Suggested posts