Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change email

Can't change email

Hello. I'm having problems changing my email. My spotify account is created via Facebook and I already changed my email on Facebook already but it's still not updated on Spotify. My account on Spotify still uses my old email. The problem is, I cant change it because there is no option shown everytime I go to "Edit Profile." Is there any chance you can help me?

<Mod edit: Screenshot>

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

This could happen if your new email address is already linked to a Spotify account. I suggest trying to reset your password by typing your email address to see if there's an account linked to it.

If there is, you can follow these steps to close it. Once the account is closed, try updating the email address on Facebook again.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello,

I'm also having trouble changing my email address. I have never linked my current email to Spotify, and I'm trying to change from my old email (that I haven't used in years) to my new one. The edit page does not let me change my email, only the other information at the bottom (phone number, etc.) Help?

Hey @myog!

Just to confirm, was your Spotify account created via Facebook as well? If so, did you update the email address on Facebook already?

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out! 

After reading your posts, I think you'll find this reply useful.

Let us know if we can help with anything else Spotify-related.

Have a great day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts