NEXT STEP

Can't change incorrect profile picture

Solved!

Can't change incorrect profile picture

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My profile picture is of someone I don't know. I suspect they hacked my account so I followed all the correct process to log out, change password etc. But I can't change the profile picture - when I hover over it, I don't get the option to change. There's no option to change in edit profile either. I don't really want to keep having to see a picture of the person who tried to steal my account!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LivW1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're updating your profile from the Spotify app, could you try a clean reinstall following these steps then try updating your profile picture here > Desktop?

If that doesn't help, could you update your profile picture using a mobile device? You can do so by going here > Mobile and tablet section. 

If you're still having trouble after those steps, could you send me a screenshot or screen recording of what happens when you try to update your profile picture? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @LivW1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're updating your profile from the Spotify app, could you try a clean reinstall following these steps then try updating your profile picture here > Desktop?

If that doesn't help, could you update your profile picture using a mobile device? You can do so by going here > Mobile and tablet section. 

If you're still having trouble after those steps, could you send me a screenshot or screen recording of what happens when you try to update your profile picture? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much Billy, that’s done it! 😊

Really appreciate your help 

Suggested posts