Can't change my country because of email

Plan

Free

Country

Germany 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to change my region to Germany because I moved but I can't because whenever I try to click 'Save' while editing the country, I get a red message saying 'We're sorry, that email is taken' even though I didn't change the email. If someone can help I would highly appreciate it.

Screenshot (160).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @CaptainSlapper.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try to update the country in your account by using a different email address that you have? If that works, try to change the email address back to the email address you'd like to use. If you can't change your email address, this will most likely be due to your email address already being taken. In that case we suggest closing the extra account by using these instructions.

In the past it was possible to create a second account with your email address. Today however that's not possible anymore and this can cause issues when trying to update account information.

If you are not sure if you have a second account, try using these instructions to find an additional account you might have.

We hope that does the trick 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @CaptainSlapper.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try to update the country in your account by using a different email address that you have? If that works, try to change the email address back to the email address you'd like to use. If you can't change your email address, this will most likely be due to your email address already being taken. In that case we suggest closing the extra account by using these instructions.

In the past it was possible to create a second account with your email address. Today however that's not possible anymore and this can cause issues when trying to update account information.

If you are not sure if you have a second account, try using these instructions to find an additional account you might have.

We hope that does the trick 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for the help!

Suggested posts