Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country!

Solved!

Can't change my country!

Hello,

I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account back to Netherlands. it is stuck at United Kingdom. What can i do to change it back? 😞 Since this happend, i cannot listen to some songs i like...

I wish to get this fixed soon.

Greetings,

100 Replies

No, I've only ever had a free account.

@esinefe90 wrote:

No, I've only ever had a free account.

In that case I would drop customer services team an email directly using the online contact form and see if they can get it changed over manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did get an automated response (I had tried that two days ago) but hadn't bothered to respond. Just did now. Thank, Peter!

Hello,

I used spotify in the u.s. as a free user.  I moved to Argentina and listened for the 14 days and then it went away.  Spotify just came to Argentina but the box to change my country to Argentina is grayed and I can't use the drop down menu to change my account, therefore I can't listen to spotify.  Can you please, please help!!  Thank you so much!  

missing out on the music. 

@ejeans22 wrote:

Hello,

I used spotify in the u.s. as a free user.  I moved to Argentina and listened for the 14 days and then it went away.  Spotify just came to Argentina but the box to change my country to Argentina is grayed and I can't use the drop down menu to change my account, therefore I can't listen to spotify.  Can you please, please help!!  Thank you so much!  

missing out on the music. 

Please send our team an email using the contact form. If you include your new postal code in Argentina, they can change it for you. Let us know how you get on!

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I created an account in the UK and now live in Canada. I can't change my country! I just got a free trial but I can't change my address and use the free trial! HELP!

@humphrey03 - You need to swap your account over to Canada. See this help page for instructions:
https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm a free user but the change country box is shaded out, it's stuck on usa permanently. I live in Australia. I checked my ip adress and it says I'm in the right area.it says I have used up my 14 days in another country. What do I do?

@Mr_Mags 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you change your country

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello. I'm having the same problem. I live in Canada but my account says US. I've tried changing it but it's shaded out and won't let me click on it, much less change it. Please help! Thanks.

@nicolasatienza 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you change your country

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi guys,

I have exactly the same problem.

I started using spotify free in Canada but i live in Portugal.

Now i am back to Portugal and cannot change my country to Portugal!

Already checked on http://www.checkip.org/ and my IP address is on Portugal.

Help please!

Thanks.

Nuno

@user-removed

I suggest you contact support so they can help you change the country

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks @MattSuda!

Already sent another email and no feedback till now.

So I'm having exactly the same problem as everyone else. I moved from Australia to the Czech Republic and the instructions to change my location are really simple on Spotify. In reality on my account profile they don't give me the option to scrole down and change my location at all!!! I'm in a country where it should be supported and should be easy to do so. Help please???

I have the same problem. I created my account in Peru but know I'm living in the US. Spotify does not give me the option of changin it.

Hi! Same problem here. I can't change my country settings. I opened my account while on a trip to Australia and now I live in Mexico and can't log in. It won't let me change the settings to Mexico. I reported this and got a support case number and then got sent here..

Thanks!

Almost same issue. Almost in that I have not moved countries at all.

Signed up in Canada, am still in Canada, signing in says I'm in the wrong country and need to change it, but have only US as a country option.

Submitted a help request to customer service. Based on posts here it seems like I'm very unlikely to get a reply?

Automated email sent me here. People here say to contact support...

Hi Everyone, 

I am also having trouble changing my country, it is currently UK, i have just recently canceled my premium subscription as it was payed with a uk debit card. However i am now currently in Switzerland, obviously working on a swiss IP address, but i still cannot change my country, but i can change my payment method to Switzerland, strange.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Same problem. I made my account in the beta while studying in the USA. I live in Canada now and it won't let me change. My problem is the support seems clunky and I don't know where or who to contact. 

...I just want to listen again. 

Suggested posts