Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country!

Solved!

Can't change my country!

Hello,

I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account back to Netherlands. it is stuck at United Kingdom. What can i do to change it back? 😞 Since this happend, i cannot listen to some songs i like...

I wish to get this fixed soon.

Greetings,

100 Replies

I just reached the ned of my patience... i freaking hate spotify... why is
it that music availability depends on the country I'm in? Are these people
GETTING PAID TO PROMOTE MUSIC??? If so, this SHOULD NOT BE A PAID SERVICE!

I just reached the ned of my patience... i freaking hate spotify... why is
it that music availability depends on the country I'm in? Are these people
GETTING PAID TO PROMOTE MUSIC??? If so, this SHOULD NOT BE A PAID SERVICE!

I had the same problem, which they refused to solve. As much as I like the service and software, their terms of use and policy regarding premium users is absolutely terrible. Don't really feel like a valued customer at all. Can't listen to any of the music I want to listen to because my paypal account is linked to my birth country.

Had no issue doing this when I was using a FREE account...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Most-bizarre-subscription-service-I-have...

I have the same problem I live in spain btw. Please help me! I need the help so I can hear music on my ps4. thank you

Help! My account is stuck on U.S and the only way to change it to U.K is to enter card details but it won't let me do this because it doesn't accept my postcode because it's not a valid "zip code". Trying to get premium but can't!!

Hey @hennixy @Debz1

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello

What can i do, when my Creditcard is Swiss but im living in Liechtenstein. I cant change the settings to Liechtenstein. Why? Because Liechtenstein is the 6 smalest country in the world and simpli dont have his own Creditcards... so what am I go`na do to change the Country to Liechtenstein? The IP adress isnt working too.

Edit: I made a Family Acc a week ago, it was possible than to change the country befor the first paymant. One of my Family member is already registred. The other 4 have problems now because of this hilarious Country setting whatever. Very frustrating!

@christiansalz

Fill out the contact form, and explain the situation. Someone from Spotify should be able to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

hey guys i have made my account from the us (i m in india) website of spotify and then downloaded the app . i loged in easily and evrything was fine, but 1 day when i opened the app it asked to login again when i log in again it doesn't login and told me to change my country by editing profile when i tried to change my country it just show US in the column to select country..........................plz help........................

Hey @user-removed,

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't launched in India yet, so you won't be able to use the service there until it's launched.

You can find more info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

I have a same problem my country is stuck on PH(Philippine) and i cant change it back to US

How did u change it back to netherland?

Hey @Noname_user_123

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I am in Israel and I used my 14 day's abroad limite I am trying to change my country on my Spotify page but I am stuck with United Kingdom and I don't have any other country option what do I do?

Hey @Israeliarmy2626

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't launched in Israel yet, so you won't be able to use the service there until it's launched.

You can find more info here.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

I have moved to Netherlands and now I can't change my country of residence as when I click on "Edit" in my profile, the bar of country is grey. 

What can I do? 

I need to update the payment method and it does not let me do it as my new credit  card is Dutch but in my profile it says I am still in Italy. 

Thanks.

Hey @edovolpi

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm having the same issue! Stuck in Australia and havent been there in around 3 years. Im living in Indonesia and cant change it back!!! so frustrating

Hey @Ash3347

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I have the same problem,I have moved to Serbia but my country is stuck on Turkey. Can you help me please? 

Suggested posts