Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country!

Solved!

Can't change my country!

Hello,

I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account back to Netherlands. it is stuck at United Kingdom. What can i do to change it back? 😞 Since this happend, i cannot listen to some songs i like...

I wish to get this fixed soon.

Greetings,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

jumanji2 - If you update your payment details with a card registered in the Netherlands you won't be charged. Only your account settings will be updated. 

However, if you're connected via an IP registered in the Netherlands you shouldn't have any trouble:  https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

ritajacinto - I'm afraid we're not currently available in Portugal. 

You can upgrade to Unlmited or Premium the next time you're in a supported country like the UK. You can then travel with your Spotify without any trouble. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Ruby15,

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't launched in India yet, so you won't be able to use the service there until it's launched.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

100 Replies

Hi FlashBaxx - What step in the process is giving you trouble? Have you tried using a different internet browser?

Hey,

It started when my little brother changed it to a different country, and from then i cannot change it back. I tried other browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer (which sucks :P). Any other suggestions? 😞

Greetings,

Bump.

I need help 😞

Hey! 🙂 

Are you a free user or a premium/unlimited subscriber? 

You can only change you country based on your current IP address geolocation (unless you are a subscriber, then you payment details and country must match). If you visit http://www.checkip.org/ in your browser, does it detect your IP address is in the UK or elsewhere?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I get my subscription by an mobile provider every month for a monthly price. My IP address does say it is in the Netherlands, so i don't know what to do now 😞

FlashBaxx - Should be sorted 🙂
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

So what can i do now? 😞

oh it is on netherlands now 😄 thanks!

i have the exact same problem- my account was created in the UK but now I am living in the Netherlands and cannot change my country on my profile.

Because of this, I now cant listen to anything because it says that my country and my location do not match. Help please?

I've got almost the same problem. I can't change my country back to Finland. It just says that another account is already registered with this email address. Can you please help me?

@jeinn wrote:

I've got almost the same problem. I can't change my country back to Finland. It just says that another account is already registered with this email address. Can you please help me?

It sounds like you have a duplicate account using the same email address, don't worry its amazingly easy to do! 

Just drop the team a message using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the duplicate one for you.

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have the same problem:-( I moved from Spain to the Netherlands and now cannot access with my profile. I tried to change country, but then get stucked in the part you have to put your payment details. What should I do???

Hi,

I have the same problem and can't listen to music anylonger! Moved from the Uk to Portugal. How can I change my country? On the account page this item just does not permit changing somehow....i can change everything else but this...what do I do? Thanks.

Marked as solution

jumanji2 - If you update your payment details with a card registered in the Netherlands you won't be charged. Only your account settings will be updated. 

However, if you're connected via an IP registered in the Netherlands you shouldn't have any trouble:  https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

ritajacinto - I'm afraid we're not currently available in Portugal. 

You can upgrade to Unlmited or Premium the next time you're in a supported country like the UK. You can then travel with your Spotify without any trouble. 

I tried to use the online contact form but didn't get the help I needed. Could someone please delete my FB-related account? I would really appreciate your help!

I'm having this problem and I really don't see any solutions - I have emailed customer support but just keep getting a bounce back email that says I should visit the forums that my problems will all be addressed there. . . all I see here is that other people do indeed have this problem. .. can someone help me?

@teresacooks wrote:

I'm having this problem and I really don't see any solutions - I have emailed customer support but just keep getting a bounce back email that says I should visit the forums that my problems will all be addressed there. . . all I see here is that other people do indeed have this problem. .. can someone help me?

Just reply directly back to the email directing you to the community and your message will be sent to a member of the team 😉 

Peter

Peter

so does this mean I have to travel to a country (Spain etc.) where spottify is supported to get it installed on my lappy? I'm currently residing in Portugal and was forced to buy a new computer coz the old one died and it seems there's no other way to get it installed. or will your software somehow detect that this laptop is of portugese origin and won't work in any case? this is most frustrating to say the least as I am currently paying for the product (premium). It's gonna be a pretty expensive software installation if I have to travel to another country!!! luckily Spain is not very far away. ok, tudo bem, awaiting for response, good day.

@sauna wrote:

so does this mean I have to travel to a country (Spain etc.) where spottify is supported to get it installed on my lappy? I'm currently residing in Portugal and was forced to buy a new computer coz the old one died and it seems there's no other way to get it installed. or will your software somehow detect that this laptop is of portugese origin and won't work in any case? this is most frustrating to say the least as I am currently paying for the product (premium). It's gonna be a pretty expensive software installation if I have to travel to another country!!! luckily Spain is not very far away. ok, tudo bem, awaiting for response, good day.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you download the client by clicking here?.

If you are still having issues, you could try using a spanish proxy service to trick the system into thinking you are in spain. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts