Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country

Solved!

Can't change my country

Hi there,

I have followed the instructions about changing my country however when I click 'edit profile' the coutry box is greyed out and I can't click the drop down to change it - help please?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 6.09.29 pm.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right now, yes. It has worked for other users.

Yeah, you would keep everything except the offline music that's saved on your devices, but it can be downloaded again when you're subscribed to Premium again.

I don't know how long this process will take because I don't have any backstage access to your account. You can check your next payment date at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/. 

That date would also be the date where your current subscription would expire.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @GeorgieMathie,

Are you currently a Free or Premium user?

Let me know.

MaximSpotify Star

I am a premium user 🙂 I went to update my payment to my NZ credit card, and it said I can't update my payment until I update my credit card details.

I meant until I update my country details 🙂

Thanks for letting me know. 

I'd recommend that you cancel your subscription, wait until your account has reverted to the Free plan, then change your country setting via the dropdown menu and then re-subscribe here using your new payment details.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Wow that seems a bit complicated....do you think this is the only option? Obviously I would like to keep all of my playlists etc and listen without ads in the mean time. Any idea how long the process will take?

Marked as solution

Right now, yes. It has worked for other users.

Yeah, you would keep everything except the offline music that's saved on your devices, but it can be downloaded again when you're subscribed to Premium again.

I don't know how long this process will take because I don't have any backstage access to your account. You can check your next payment date at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/. 

That date would also be the date where your current subscription would expire.

MaximSpotify Star

Hello,

I'm not a premium user. But I want to become a premium user. However, when I tried to add payment It says country didn't match. My country is in PH but I am living here in UAE. So my card country is in UAE.

I couldn't be able to change my country cos only Philippines is available in dropdown.

Any help? Thanks!

@dayok,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts