Free

Country

Denmark

Device

iPhone SE.  Asus eeebook x205ta

Operating System

iOS 12.4, Windows 10 home

My Question or Issue

first, I created Spotify using my Facebook account.
Then after some time, I changed my email to my Facebook account to my new Gmail, then I logged into Spotify using my Facebook but it still uses my old email address, and for some reason, I can´t change it in account > profile edit. please help???
I disconnected Spotify from Facebook and logged in to Spotify using my old email and password, and tried to change mail address that way but that wasn't possible either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @andrevincent,

Thanks for posting here! 

I'm jumping in this thread to let you know that when your Spotify account was created through Facebook, it's not possible for you to change the email by yourself.

If you update the email in Facebook, this won't be reflected in the Spotify profile (like it happened in your case). This is to be expected. 

So, the best and fastest solution when this happens, is to reach out to support.

Hope this sheds light on the subject 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @andrevincent thanks for reaching out to the community with your concern,

Seeing how your account was linked to your Facebook account one way might be to change your email address on your face book. Also can you share a screenshot or two of what message the system gives you?

Best,

Jack 🙂

oh, so you want me to change my Facebook account's main email address back to the old email and then go into my Spotify account in edit profile and then change the email to my new Gmail?
- the system doesn't give any message, I'm going into Spotify <edit profile and I'm only able to change the phone number and country not the date of birth or email, I would have to make a screen recording for you to understand the problem because there is no popup message saying some sort of error, it just won't allow me to change the email no matter how much I click on mail.

Hey again,

That is quite strange if you can send that screen recording over, for now can you try a couple different methods:

• Use a different device
  • Use a different internet connection
  • Try a different browser
  • Try going into incognito mode

Let me know what happens!

Hey again @andrevincent Thank you for raising your concern out here in the Community!

Since you said you wanted to reach out to support, they can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares ( https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares?s=09 ) or through the online Spotify Support ( https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support ).

Best,

-J 🙂

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hey there @andrevincent,

Thanks for posting here! 

I'm jumping in this thread to let you know that when your Spotify account was created through Facebook, it's not possible for you to change the email by yourself.

If you update the email in Facebook, this won't be reflected in the Spotify profile (like it happened in your case). This is to be expected. 

So, the best and fastest solution when this happens, is to reach out to support.

Hope this sheds light on the subject 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts