Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change password -email in use

Can't change password -email in use

So I've had this account for ages, with the same email and I decided it was time to change password. But I can't.

I type in the new ones, confirming with the old and get the message "Your email is allready in use"

Of course it's in use, I'm bloody using it for this account! Any solutions?

I just realized another thing aswell. I changed from premium to unlimited a while ago, but for some reason it's on premium again, without me doing it, so I've payed for a service that I no longer use, and that I took away. It's not alot of money, but it's still my money, and I don't like when a program decides what I should do with it.

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds to me like you might actually have two Spotify accounts. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to remove the extra one for you which is hogging your email address. They will also be happy to look into your premium/unlimited issue too if you mention it.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This happens to me too, and I cannot change my password. Same account for years, always linked to the same email address.

I am currently in ttravelling and when I click on that support link it it says that Spotify has not yet come to this country, so again I cannot change it. Is it possible to get support to change my password regardless of the location?

All this comes up because Spotify is malcfunctioning and pausing the songs every 2 secs claiming that someone else is using the account, but no human would have patience to do it so many times... please advise 🙂

Hey crisplof, I've worked some magic on your account and you should now be able to change your password as normal. Make sure to use your username rather than full email address to login.

Your main account is Premium so you shouldn't see any messages about Spotify not being available where you are as long as your Premium subscription is active.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks for your help!!

Suggested posts