Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't' change password

Solved!

Can't' change password

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on my spotify account but it says "Another account is already registered with this email address."

What do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@magiskeschie wrote:
Hi 🙂

Well its says that the email is allready inn use, Peter.

Thomas.

Sounds like a duplicate account issue, its an easy fix but unfortunately can't be done here on the community. 

If you drop support an email using this form they will be able to get that sorted out for you. If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to it and someone will get back to you asap. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

165 Replies

F-Torres - I've just had a play with your account, it should now be ok. Just remember to log in with your username 'f-torres' and your Spotify password, and you should be ok. You'll be able to relink your account to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

having the same problem. Can't even add phone number.

Please help.

Classegw - If you give it another try now, it should work nicely.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, it works.

Thanks 🙂

Hello, I am having the same problem

Hi!

Same problem too me

Swazee & Caltex - You should now be sorted. Just log in with your usernames 'swazee' and 'caltex75' and you should be ok.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi!

I´m also having the same problem, would love some help to change my password.

// Joppe

Hi Joppe, 

You should be able to change your password from here.

If you have any more difficulty, it's worth contacting our Customer Support, as we'd need to take some security details to get a new one out to you. Just go here.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi! I have the same problem, can't change my password because the site says: "Another account is already registered with this email address. " Please help me :-( /Peter

Hi fixxer - You're most likely having trouble because you've got two accounts on our system. 

Not to fret. I've removed the duplicate that was linked to your Facebook account. From now on, please always sign in with your 'fixxer' username. Please try to reset your password again via https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply! Now it worked Smiley Very Happy

Hi I'm having the same problem. Can't change password - says email already registered to another user. Any help much appreciated!

Hey MrBojangles - The same thing has happened here--you've just got two accounts. 

I've now removed that duplicate linked to your Facebook. Please give that reset another go. 

Many thanks Meredith, it worked!

Hi,

I am having trouble logging into my account, have requested a new password with my username Benn14 but have not received the email, someone recently was trying to hack my facebook account, would this affect where my password is sent?

Thanks

Hi Benn14 - You haven't received a password reset email because you opened your account via Facebook. 

This means your login details are the same for Facebook. Just enter your email address as your username along with your FB password. 

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. Editing my profile on spotify.com and am told that "Another account is already registered with this email address" I don't recall whether I have ever connected FB to this account as I always use my spotify credentials to log in, but I may have done. If a mod or support person could take a look and sort it out it would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

@twistypigeon wrote:
Hi, I'm having a similar problem. Editing my profile on spotify.com and am told that "Another account is already registered with this email address" I don't recall whether I have ever connected FB to this account as I always use my spotify credentials to log in, but I may have done. If a mod or support person could take a look and sort it out it would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

Just fill in our contact form with the email you need to use, and we'll sort this out with you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts