Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't' change password

Solved!

Can't' change password

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on my spotify account but it says "Another account is already registered with this email address."

What do I do?

165 Replies

I change my password and get into the web but not the application  can some one answer this simple **bleep**ing question I have **bleep**ing paid for this service 

I'm having the same issues

I've tired several times to change my password but it never works. ..can they just delete my profile and I start over

Trying to change password. Spotify gave me a new username, not password. When I tried to edit my account it won't allow me to use my email as username (as I did previously) and wont allow me to set new password. HELP Please

This is my question - please answer it

Hi @HelenGrace,

Thanks for posting here! 

First thing's first - the username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. When you create an account, a username combining numbers and letters is created automatically. This is happening due to security reasons.

But you have a display name too. This is the one all users will see when they come across your account. You enter this is the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up. This works bets on a Desktop device.

To reset your password, you should enter your email address here.

If you have access to your account, you can check your automatically generated username on your account page.

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts