Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't' change password

Solved!

Can't' change password

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on my spotify account but it says "Another account is already registered with this email address."

What do I do?

165 Replies

grandaardvark - If you could try resetting your password again now, you should get an email through.

ejjjan - Please contact our accounts team. They'll be able to get everything sorted for you. Just email in here: http://spoti.fi/KT3Il9
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

bnleez - If you could try resetting your password as well, you should also get an email through.

Let us know how you get on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem. Can't change my password as it says "there is already and account created with this email". I've also tried option of reseting password but never got spotify to get back to me with reset instructions. Email has never arrived 😞

Can you help?!

@mfka wrote:

I have the same problem. Can't change my password as it says "there is already and account created with this email". I've also tried option of reseting password but never got spotify to get back to me with reset instructions. Email has never arrived 😞

Can you help?!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you have more than one Spotify account tied to that email address which is known to cause issues. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to easily remove the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but how is it possible I have two accounts? Would Facebook have something to do with it?

Cheers

Unfortunately yes, if your Spotify and Facebook accounts have the same email address its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts (its happened to me!)

Peter

Peter

I am trying to contact spotify but is almost imbossible if you dont remember your password, now  iam contacting throught my girlfriends account. If I ask for a new passwords there is none being send. 

What to do ?

@feicomirel wrote:

I am trying to contact spotify but is almost imbossible if you dont remember your password, now  iam contacting throught my girlfriends account. If I ask for a new passwords there is none being send. 

What to do ?

If you can't access your own account, use this form instead 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter, I will try to do that then!

Can't change password..

@chanteloup Where is the problem. Do you get any error messages?

I know my user name but tried several times to change my password and its not happening

The error message says "Login Failed" Cannot login using that password

Hi. If you normally use a spotify username to log in, click the "Forgot your password" link on the login screen. If you use facebook to login, go here to recover your facebook password.

@jwlot I log in, then try to change password, it does not accept my password at this point, and I get error telling me that there is already a user with my email address.

It sounds like you use a facebook login. If that's the case, you need to change your facebook password.

Nope. I have not connected Facebook. I tried to end subscription and reactivate, that time it did accept my password, but when I tried to change the password again, I get the same error.

Hey @chanteloup 🙂

It sounds like you accidentally have two accounts with the same email address in the system, its amazingly common and easy to do, and thankfully it is easily fixed once the right people get on the case. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to remove the duplicate account in the system for you.

Peter

Peter

Hi!

I accidentally logged off from Spotify on my mobile (Nokia N8, can't use Facebook-login, I think) and I can't remember my Spotify-password, so that I could log in again! I tried to reset my password but didn't get any e-mail. On my laptop and Tab I have logged in with my Facebook login information, so is this the reason I couldn't get new password? How can I get it? Thank you for your help!

Hey @Terhi 🙂 

It can take a little time for those emails to come through, so its worth going to making a cup of coffee and chilling for a bit and see if it will come through in a little bit of time. Also be sure to check your spam/junk folders since very often those reset emails get eaten by those! 

If it doesn't come, drop customer services an email using this form and they will be more than happy to help you get one of those emails manually. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts