Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So, I made a new account just to see if I could see the playlist names on my other. I just realized that you can change your display name??? On premium account, I can't change my display name at all. 

Premium account:

Normal account: 

It also seems like I have an older version of spotify... (see below)

Premium desktop version: 

Normal Desktop Version

Also they just both look different?? I'm not really sure what to do here. I would like to be able to change my display name for the shinyruru account. Is it because my spotify premium is an older subscription that is no longer offered?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Changing your display name should now be possible for all accounts, including Spotify Premium accounts. 

Let's check if you're able to change your display name using the Spotify app on mobile. If you've got the Spotify app installed already, just head over to Home > Settings (the cog in the top right) > tap your profile > Edit Profile. If you haven't already got the app, you'll need to download it by tapping here on your phone.

If that doesn't work, or if you don't have access to a mobile phone, you should also be able to change your display name on the Spotify Web Player. After signing in, just click the down arrow in the top right corner > Profile > click on your current display name.

Just to let you know, Spotify continues to offer a better listening experience with Premium. You can learn more about Spotify Premium on the Spotify website. Also, it looks like your newer account has been randomly chosen to test some new features on Spotify (hence why you might be seeing a different design). You can find out more about why your Spotify experience may be different over here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Changing your display name should now be possible for all accounts, including Spotify Premium accounts. 

Let's check if you're able to change your display name using the Spotify app on mobile. If you've got the Spotify app installed already, just head over to Home > Settings (the cog in the top right) > tap your profile > Edit Profile. If you haven't already got the app, you'll need to download it by tapping here on your phone.

If that doesn't work, or if you don't have access to a mobile phone, you should also be able to change your display name on the Spotify Web Player. After signing in, just click the down arrow in the top right corner > Profile > click on your current display name.

Just to let you know, Spotify continues to offer a better listening experience with Premium. You can learn more about Spotify Premium on the Spotify website. Also, it looks like your newer account has been randomly chosen to test some new features on Spotify (hence why you might be seeing a different design). You can find out more about why your Spotify experience may be different over here.

Changing it via the app worked, thanks!

That's interesting that new features are on the newer account. I can't wait until they're pushed to all accounts.

For now, I'll change it via my phone.

Thank you!

Perfect, that's great to hear!

Hopefully we'll all be able to see this new design that you're included in soon 🤞

Suggested posts