Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change wrong date of birth

Solved!

Can't change wrong date of birth

Hey,

The Date of Birth on my Spotify account is 03/10/2005 for some reason even though that's not my birthday and I can't change it. It says "You can edit your email address, gender, and birthday on your Facebook account page", but the birthday on my Facebook account page is my actual birthday and not this random date. Please help, I have no clue what to do.

Greetings,

Yuval

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I understand.

In this case, it'd be best to contact our Support team via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you update this information.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I also can't disconnect my Facebook account because I signed up with Facebook.

Hey @YuvalF, thanks for reaching out to the community!

Since your Spotify account was set up via Facebook, you need to update your Facebook details for it to be reflected. You may also need to check the Spotify app permisions under your Facebook Settings > Apps > Spotify, and make sure it has full access.

This could also be caused if your date of birth on Facebook is set as private, so check it out and try updating it on Facebook one more time.

About setting up your account without Facebook, I recommend following these steps.

All the best.

Hey @Alfredo, Thank you for your response.

I just checked the Spotify permissions on Facebook, and everything is checked, including my birthday. So I set my full birthday to public on my Facebook profile, But my spotify account still shows the same wrong date of birth.

Does it take some time for it to update?

Regards,

Yuval

Marked as solution

I understand.

In this case, it'd be best to contact our Support team via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible to help you update this information.

All the best.

I reached out to them on twitter, and after a quick security check they updated it. Thank you very much!

Suggested posts