Solved!

Can't connect Spotify to Musixmatch

Plan

Free

Device

Huawei Matebook HZ-W09

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64

I can't find lyrics in Spotify app on Microsoft Store.

So I downloaded Musixmatch to find the lyrics.

It needs me to login to Spotify account, I can't login, it prompts:

Spoiler
Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

Annotation 2019-08-04 092837.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I tried to do the same and in the end it worked but it works weird without a lot of help.

So what I did, I installed musicmatch on android. I choose connect spotify but then you shouldn't logon to spotify but create a musicmatch account, so I did do signup.

I clicked the email. Then again in the app, choose connect spotify, now logon with your musicmatch account and then I again click connect to spotify. You will notice when you have to login with spotify because you see the spotify login screen and not the more empty musicmatch.

When you got to the spotify logon, login with your username or password like you do normally.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi,

It might be that you logon with your email address while should logon with your username.

First check if you can login at spotify.com.

I think you should be able to logon there with your email, then check your username and logon with that one.

Regards,

René

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to login to spotify.com and login use username. 

I can login to spotify.com normally.

And when I use my username to connect Musixmatch, problen is still exist, just like when I login by email address.

What should I do next?

Marked as solution

Hi,

I tried to do the same and in the end it worked but it works weird without a lot of help.

So what I did, I installed musicmatch on android. I choose connect spotify but then you shouldn't logon to spotify but create a musicmatch account, so I did do signup.

I clicked the email. Then again in the app, choose connect spotify, now logon with your musicmatch account and then I again click connect to spotify. You will notice when you have to login with spotify because you see the spotify login screen and not the more empty musicmatch.

When you got to the spotify logon, login with your username or password like you do normally.

Regards,

René

You said use Android app to connect.

But I didn't see Connect to Spotify option in app of android.

So sorry I'm not sure understand what you mean.

Hi,

In the musicmatch app go to settings, then you will see manage spotify accounts.

Screenshot_20190813-075108_Musixmatch.jpg

Regards,

René

@Rene01 wrote:

Hi,

I tried to do the same and in the end it worked but it works weird without a lot of help.h

Regards,

René

Suggested posts