Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to last.fm through spotify

Solved!

Can't connect to last.fm through spotify

I used to have Spotify connected to the last.fm scrobbling feature, and it worked fine until recently when i noticed it was no longer scrobbling, and when i went to turn it on again, it gives me a 'invalid username or password' message.

I'm 100% sure that it's the right login because i can log in to last.fm with it, and i suspect it's on spotify's end because scrobbling works just fine with foobar.

I also tried to change my password in last.fm and try the new one, but with no luck.

I have been unable to find the answer after scouring several forums, i have been able to find a few others with the same problem as me, though.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just found the answer for that:

If your account is too old, and your password is weak (like "mypassword") you will give that error. Go to Last.Fm site, say that you forgot your password and receive the link to change password on your e-mail.
Change your password to a password with numbers and characteres (like "MyPassword123.@)

Then you won't get that error anymore.

This just worked for me

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Are you trying to reinstall Spotify/clear cache?

Говорю по-русски)
Speaking English)

Tried it, didn't work

Thanks for the suggestion though

You know... I disconect last and now can`t login too) So now i`ll try to fix this and then will answer you)

Aaaand it work again. It's sooooo strange

Говорю по-русски)
Speaking English)

I'm having the same problem. Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Spotify is fixing this issue at the moment, the Issue Report below is Under Investigation.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Mobile-randomly-stops-scrobbling-to-Lastfm/i...

until when this problem will be solved?

I want to connect my spotify and my last.fm account

Not working yet

I'm also having this problem.

Login to last.fm not works on OSX and iOS clients for months, trying to connect various accounts - no success. 

I know this is late but try changing your password to make sure you meet the new criteria. (include a special character)

This is not mobile only. I'm having the same problem on the aplication for Windows 10. I am sure that my username, and password are both correct 'cus I've just logged in on Last.fm website

2017-06-20.png
Marked as solution

Just found the answer for that:

If your account is too old, and your password is weak (like "mypassword") you will give that error. Go to Last.Fm site, say that you forgot your password and receive the link to change password on your e-mail.
Change your password to a password with numbers and characteres (like "MyPassword123.@)

Then you won't get that error anymore.

This just worked for me

Finally, solution that worked for me, although it's pretty sick it works this way.

Suggested posts