Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to my Facebook (Spotify Canada)

Solved!

Can't connect to my Facebook (Spotify Canada)

Hello,

I recently signed up for Spotify Premium and am finding it impossible to fix this particular problem. For almost a week now I've been trying to link my Spotify account to my Facebook so I can add friends etc. However, even though my Facebook is open in my browser, when I click on "Connect to Facebook" in the Spotify app it brings up a small window which prompts me to log into Facebook again, which is fine (I've both clicked 'Remember me' while logging in and left in unchecked, neither makes a difference). It then opens a tab in my browser which is a blank white screen, with the word 'OK' written in the left-hand corner. Nothing else happens, so when I flick back to the app it's still on the Facebook login screen popup, and has frozen - so I have to close the small window as nothing else happens when I click on it (just crashed). And then my account is still not connected to Facebook. Any ideas on what could be going wrong here? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's a waiting matter, maybe facebook connections might a bit more in your country, that happened when spotify started in my country 🙂 anyway keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I tried connecting to FB on my iPhone app last night and it finally worked! Thanks for your ideas though, I really appreciate it 🙂

Marked as solution

@vyacheslavchern 

Can you try going to the link below to connect Facebook?

https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

19 Replies

Hello, quick question, when you log in... are you doing it with facebook log of with an e-mail?

Thanks for reaching the community 🙂

I'm using my email to log in - my Spotify account has never been linked to Facebook. Thanks for asking.

Try to share any song, you'll see a facebook, twitter and tumblr icon. Select configurations, then log into facebook right threre. It works better if you try it on your computer, not on your smartphone, at least the first time.

Thanks for the suggestion - it just shows my Facebook as being 'Temporarily Unavailable' (I'll try to attach a screenshot to this reply).

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.35.55 PM.png
Marked as solution

That's a waiting matter, maybe facebook connections might a bit more in your country, that happened when spotify started in my country 🙂 anyway keep me posted 🙂

Marked as solution

I tried connecting to FB on my iPhone app last night and it finally worked! Thanks for your ideas though, I really appreciate it 🙂

have the same problem

Marked as solution

@vyacheslavchern 

Can you try going to the link below to connect Facebook?

https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey Matt,

had the same problem as mentioned above and your link solved it, works like a charm now.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same here! Had this problem until i clicked the link, and now its working flawless! Thanks

You're welcome! Glad to hear the link worked for you. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

If anyone is still having this problem:

Try downloading the new version that was just announced:

https://news.spotify.com/2015/02/26/desktop-with-lyrics-musixmatch/

Mac: http://download.spotify.com/beta/SpotifyInstaller.zip
PC: http://download.spotify.com/beta/SpotifySetup.exe

It should be working in the new version.

You may notice a few features are missing in the new version and Spotify hopes to bring some of those back in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've battled this dumb problem for a month or more; following your "connect" link solved it. THANK YOU.

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt, 

The link you posted does not work for me - just says a temporary error occured. I also downloaded the new version of spotify and still nothing but now 'Connect to facebook' is not in the file link any more. 

When I logout of the player and then try to login via facebook, an error message occurs telling me 'email is already connected to another user'.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!??

Thanks in advance

Having the same problem here, Facebook says I'm connected but I cannot see friends, and if I logout from my phone/desktop and log in with facebook rather than my username I cannot see any of my playlists and saved music. I tried the link above, but I only get a temporary error mesage. I tried deleting the app permission in facebook and re-connecting it through the windows desktop app, but I get the same problem. Any help would be appreciated 🙂

@markm8 

Go into the app settings, there should be an option to connect to Facebook. 

If you still have trouble, I'm not sure what else you could try.

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@Manuhalo 

I'm not sure what else you could try.

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts