Premium

Country

France

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android (4.4?) 

My Question or Issue

Hello. I've had a Spotify Premium account recently and I can't create a Playlist. As soon as I want to create one, an error message is displayed. Thank you for your help! 

8 Replies

Hey there @visaaaage

and welcome to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, but i'm sure we can fix it together.

Can you please provide more information on the issue, a screenshot of the error/error number so i can have better understanding and provide help?

Waiting on your update=)

Spoiler
Steps To Solution

Hello! Not sure if this is answered yet, but for the sake of helping you have a better Spotify experience, here are a few steps you could follow to resolve the issue:

1. Resarting your device. I, and many people I know, have found that restarting is the best way to refresh the system and does fix a lot of errors. I have a friend who is a computer consultant and there has been numerous cases where restarting does fix the issue, funnily enough!

2. Check your internet connection. Re-connect and check that your internet connection is secure. Perhaps your wifi or whatever internet connection you have is dropping out?

3. My last step is to just give it time. Upon further research, I found that these above steps have worked well with other Spotify users with the same issue in order to resolve it, as well as those same users responding a while later saying that it just started working again. It is possible it is just a glitch in the system.

These are all the steps I, personally, would take, so fingers crossed one of these resolves your issue.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

BK

Hello, thank you for your reply. Here's what pops up on my screen every time I try to create a Playlist:

Screenshot_20190106-124318.jpg

Hi again,

I had a look at your attached image, and this is the conclusion I have come to:

If you have followed my instructions, then I think the next step is to install and uninstall the program. If that doesn't work/If you wish to fix the problem quicker, I would say now is probably the time to contact a Spotify Staff Member, since by then you've done all the basic checks (internet, restarting, reinstalling ect).

You can do so in the link below;

(Please Note, this website didn't allow me to give you the link to go straight into the help questions - I'm not sure why - apologies).

Once you click on this link, go to the second paragraph named 'Customer Service and Support' and underneath it there should be a highlighted link called 'Help Site'.

https://www.spotify.com/sk/about-us/contact/

Once you click on the 'Help Site' link, follow the below instructions:

(this is following the questions through the 'Help Site' link); I would file your issue under "Technical Issues", then "Error Code/Message" then "I still need help". Then just put your name in and just tell them about the issue and about the error code that pops up.

If it's not too much of a hassle, then I would say just follow my third step (as seen in my first comment) and just give it time. If it still doesn't work, then contact a Staff Member, although I, personally, would contact them after following the original steps and reinstalling the program, because then you've ruled out most issues regarding your side of things.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

BK

Hey @visaaaage.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try a quick reinstallation first as this fixes most of the issues. You can read here how to do this.

Hope it does the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

I have the same issue on iPhone. My phone is up to date. I’ve restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It still won’t let me create new playlists.

Has anyone resolved the issue any other way?

Thanks

Hey hey @H0rnetQueen!

Thanks for reaching out!

You could continue your troubleshooting by logging out > restarting your device > logging back in. We recommend doing that 2 times to force a refresh.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if you get the same error message as the one in the screenshot above?

It's also a good idea to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your phone and test this out to see if they get the same issue.

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The first time I logged out, restarted and logged back in nothing happened. The second time it worked! I have no idea why.

thank you, I can create playlists again 😆

(I didn’t have the error message. I would just click create playlist and nothing would happen)

Suggested posts