Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't create new accounts. Really frustrating

Can't create new accounts. Really frustrating

Hello,

This weekend I have converted my premium account to a familly one. I try since then to create 3 new accounts and just impossible.

The recaptcha is always getting back with a "verification expired, check the box again".

I have read the rest of the forum and tried all what I have seen. Mutli browsers, clearing cache, even different devices. Same problem. Time wheel and....same message again. So I am today in my Spotify familly.

Can you please quickly help before my kids make me crazy and that I am forced to switch to another service.

8 Replies

Hey @impact-2, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Are you having trouble with starting Premium for Family yourself, or are you having issues with inviting others to your plan?

Let me know, you and I can work something out on this 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy-J,

I am an happy user of the premium version for years. A couple of days ago, I decided that it was time for me to allocate one account per familly member so I can listen to the music I want from time to time. I have therefore activated the familly membership.

The invitations have been sent succesfully, no problem, but I need to create them some accounts as they don't have one yet. So everytime I try to create one, I get the message from the captcha saying "verification expired, Check the checkbox again". and it goes in circle...

I tried for days, with 3 browsers and 2 PC, same issue again and again. Frustrating, irritating and if it is not only me, I can't understand spotify doesn't see a stop in the clients registration.

Hope I was clear, please see the attachment, any help will be more than welcome.

< Community Rock Star edit - removed payment info >

Hey @impact-2.

Thanks for the reply!

Have you tried using a different internet connection?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey all

I have exactly the same problem today

I also changed from Premium (had for years) to family about one or two weeks ago & had added two accounts with no issue (one or two weeks ago) but today I'm getting the exact same issue - I've tried four different browsers, different machines, different internet connections but always the same result!

So I'm paying family sub but can't use it fully!

Please treat this as urgent as is a major issue

Thanks

I also tried creating the new accounts from just browsing to spotify as well as from the 'join family' link in case it was the link causing it but made no difference!
Does recaptcha or spotify log client's IP's & block if too many connections etc?

Hey @impact-2

Just noticed how old your post was!

Do you remember how you resolved issue - or did you give up on Family Plan?

Hi there @Wayne-9999,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues creating a new account for your Family member.

Can you let us know if creating a completely new account works if you try doing it from another device through this link? Also, have you tried using another email address or through another service like Facebook or Google?

Uploading some screenshots of any error messages you receive would also be helpful.

Regarding the Captcha - it should not block you from creating an account if it fails. What you can do at this stage is try to change the captcha from image selection to hearing.

Let us know how you get on with this 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex & thanks for your reply

You didn't include a link in 'this link' so i couldn't try your link!

I left it an hour or so & re-tried & this time Captcha didn't ask me to verify images - it just went straight to 'I'm not a robot' & it all worked

Every other time it had asked me to verify traffic lights, walkways or bridges etc - so maybe it just needed some time

I am about to raise another message about using Family plan with echo dots as can't get it working!

Hi again @Wayne-9999

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're happy to hear that you were able to create the account with no issues. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts