Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete my account

Solved!

Can't delete my account

I can't delete my account through the support page (https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/).

I select "Account" -> "I want to close my account permanently", and select "Close Account" in Step 3, but it kept taking me back to Step 1... Did I do anything wrong? The browser I'm using is Firefox 66.0.3.

I was Premium User, and I need to somehow "reset" my account, because there is something serious wrong with it. As far as I've learned, the only way I can do is to close my account and re-create/sign-up a new one. Any help will be appreciated...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

You won't be able to close your account if you're still on Premium. You'll need to cancel your subscription first, and wait until it reverts to free. 

Keep in mind when you close your account, you lose access to the following: 

• Your username, it can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • Your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If you're sure that you want to close this account, check out this page for the last steps.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I've already cancelled my premium subscription, but the expiration date of my current subscription will be May.28th, does it mean I can't close my account before that date?

I know this might sound stupid, but to be honest my only goal is to somehow "reset" my account, especially the address I entered when I enabled Family function. I'm not sure why my wife, who's originally been invited into the family group, found she's no longer in there yesterday, and when I resent her the invitation, we just couldn't get the address right... I found a similiar topic here, and seems it's not possible to re-edit/change the address except close and create a new account, is this statement correct? It would be nice to have another way for sure...

Sincerely,

Rivon

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

That is correct, you won’t be able to close your account unless you’re reverted to free. When you canceled your subscription - you still have access to Premium until May 28th. 

After that date, is when your account is on the Free service, and when you can close your account.

For your second question- I understand what you’re asking, so no worries. You don’t need to close your account and create a new one to change your address for Premium for Family.

To change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan, you must first cancel your subscription and wait to revert to our free service. You can then resubscribe to the plan to enter the new address.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Understood. I’ll wait for the date then. 

Thank you so much for the help. :))

Hey @user-removed.

You’re very welcome! If you need help with anything else, you can always reply here or you can start up a new thread and the community will be more than happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @

Got a problem again... Sorry...

I re-active my premium subscription and the family plan again today, however the system didn't ask me to re-enter my home address, nor showed me what my current home address is, so again my family member couldn't join the family plan, since we both don't know what the "correct" address is...

Any suggestion?

Sincerely,

Rivon

Hey @user-removed.

No worries, I'm happy to help.

Could you let me know what happens when a member tries to join your Premium for Family plan? If there is an error message being shown, please send me a screenshot of that so I can take a closer look at this (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @,

Thanks a lot.

I attached 3 screenshots (sorry, the language in those screenshots is Chinese...):

• family.png is the family setting page from my premium account,
  • mail.png is the e-mail my family member recieved, and
  • confirmation.png is the page she saw after click the link in that mail and login.

One thing weird to me is that "muerhug muerhug" from the confirmation page, because I completely have no idea what that is, and I'm pretty sure it's not done by me, at least I don't remember I did...

edit: forgot to mention, there was no warning message during the whole process, and it didn’t let me enter/edit my address when I activated the family function. 

Sincerely,

Rivon

confirmation page.png
family page.png
mail.png

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for your paitence while I took a closer look.

If you have previously started a Premium for Family plan, then you won't be able to change the address when you resubscribe again - but if you haven't joined Premium for Family before - please check out below: 

The only option, in this case, is to cancel your Premium for Family subscription - wait until it reverts to free, and then resubscribe. Then, you should be prompted to enter the correct physical address.

Here are the steps to do this:
If you’re the owner of the plan and cancel it, ALL the members of the plan will revert to Spotify's free service on the next scheduled billing date

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Select CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  3. Cancel the Premium for Family plan

If you resubscribe when it reverts to free, and you're still not prompted to enter your physical address - please let me know.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi ,

I think that's exactly what I had done last time... I cancel my premium subscription last month, wait until May.28th and saw my account reverted to free, and re-sub the premium and family function yesterday (29th). The system asked me to enter my credit card info, but it never asked me about the address part...

Does this mean the only option I got is to cancel and "delete" my account to really get a fresh start?

edit: I just cancelled both the premium and family again, now wait for Jun.18...

Sincerely,

Rivon

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Got it. I’ll contact with them.

Thank you so much. :))

Suggested posts