Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't disable public playlist showing because I got blocked

Solved!

Can't disable public playlist showing because I got blocked

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but:

I got blocked by my ex on spotify, and we shared a public playlist together, that i had on my profile. I now cannot access the playlist at all (as I'm blocked), however it still is on my profile for others to see. How do i remove it from my profile please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Brady_Bunch ,

Thanks for getting back and your patience while this was being looked into 🙂

Please try the following: Go to Your Library, find the playlist, and right-click on it, then remove it from the profile.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @Brady_Bunch ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You should be able to remove it from your profile through the desktop app. Just go onto your profile, right-click the playlist you'd like to remove from your profile, then click on 'Remove from profile'.

2022-07-30 at 07.10.28@2x.png

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey Maxim,

Thanks for your advice, however that wasn't what I meant, as I already know how to remove public playlists. The problem is, the playlist that is on my profile, I cannot see (which I assume is because it was a joint playlist with my ex who blocked me). While I cannot see it on my profile myself, my friends all can, and if I find my profile without logging in, I can see it there, as seen below:

Spotify Profile Logged In.PNG
Spotify Profile Logged Out.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Brady_Bunch ,

Thanks for getting back and your patience while this was being looked into 🙂

Please try the following: Go to Your Library, find the playlist, and right-click on it, then remove it from the profile.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey @Maxim,

Thank you very much, it was in there as an unnamed playlist, so I just never thought to remove or cull it

Thanks again!

Hey @Brady_Bunch ,

Glad to hear you were able to remove it from your profile.

Have a great day 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I've tried everything, including this, and nothing has worked so far. Any help?

Hey @felix_t5,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are you able to locate the playlist in Your Library? If so, does the option Remove from Profile appear when you click the 3 dots?

If possible, it's also worth trying to remove the playlist from a different device. For example, if you're currently using the phone app, you can try from a desktop or using the Web Player.

Let us know how you get on!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, this is not the original asker but ive been having this problem too. my ex blocked me on spotify and i wanted to remove his playlist but miss-clicked and pressed on the ''add to profile'' option and since im blocked there is no option for me to remove it. just to ''add to profile'' even though its there, when in the app it doesnt phyically show up only when im logged out and search for my profile meaning it is in public view and to my friends, how can i unadd my ex's playlist if there is no option to remove it since im blocked and cant view it myself on my own account.

Hey there @injuwrd,

Thanks posting in the thread! 

Just to check, did you try removing the playlist using another device? You can give it a shot from the Web Player as well.

Also, if you search for the playlist, does it appear for you? If so, does the same options appear when you press the 3 dots?

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts