Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download my personal data

Can't download my personal data

Plan

Free

Country

The Netherlands

My Question or Issue

on 15-04-2019 I requested my personal data. I recieved the download link yesterday, but haven't been able to actually download my data. Where normally the download button would be, there's only a "resend email" option, which I tried both yesterday and today. I tried the download link in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and even my Android, but it never worked.

Is this feature only available with premium? Or is the function temporarly disabled?

13 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting in the community !

A Spotify user, regardless to his type of subscription, should still be able to request their personal data. Please check out this support site article and the Privacy Center.

However, and for me to provide more help, can you please let me know if when clicking the link you're getting some sort of error ? or an error page ? 

In addition, try resending it through here. Once you receive the new email with the link, you can try the steps again and download your personal.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Well, when clicking on the link, I get taken to the same link you listed last. I don't get any kind of error page or anything like that. I have tried to resend the link, but I just get taken to the same page again (though there does seem to be some extra info added to the url)

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for the update!

Could you please let me know if you tried retrieving your data directly from the Privacy settings tab in the account overview page here?

Let me know how it goes 😃

I tried it and didn't work
Is another solution I can use?

Same issue here. I've used Spotify for a long time, and had it made through Facebook forever ago. I deleted that old Facebook account and I couldn't edit some account information (e.g. profile photo, name, etc.), so I let my subscription run out and decided to download my information before making a new Spotify account. Lots of playlists.

Current issue is on the "Step 3", I have a resend email button that doesn't change to a download button once I go to the email that was sent. I'm currently not subscribed to premium, as I'm going to make a clean account. Anything I can try?

Hey @LinoJaime and @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

There are a few things that might be causing this and we can recommend giving these steps a try:

• Trying different browsers
  • Incognito window or private session tab
  • Disable any adblockers
  • Disable any VPN applications
  • Connecting to a different internet connection
  • Trying a different device
  • Disable your firewall or allow Spotify on the firewall settings

Keep us in the loop and let us know if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sounds like "it's everyone else's fault but mine", poor user experience.
I've tried all of these but nothing has changed,

Having the same issue. Tapping the button in my email just sends me to the "Privacy settings" page. It does not start the download or add an extra button to the privacy page with a download link. I've tried on multiple browsers, windows and macos, no adblock or vpn. Download just doesn't happen.

Hey Elena,

Just to follow up, I'm still unable to download my data. I've tried Google Chrome 83, Edge 44, and Firefox 80, all without any ad blockers, incognito sessions, or VPN connections. I've tried on both my PC and laptop, running Windows 10. My process is going to the privacy tab on the Spotify web settings page, clicking the "Resend Email" button, going to Gmail in another tab, clicking "DOWNLOAD" and being sent back to the same page, where I'm prompted to send another email. Feels like something's not quite right. It's not the end of the world, but I would like it to just work, yknow?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep trying periodically.

Looks like the issue has been fixed now. When I tap the link it opens the Privacy Settings page and now it shows a pop up asking to re-validate my password, after which the download begins.

I am also having this problem. I received an email saying “Your account data is ready to be downloaded” and when I click on the download page it takes me to the Privacy settings page where it also tells me my account data is ready and at the end of that message is a resend email button. Every time I press it the cycle continues.

Hey @S4de1,

Thanks for joining the thread!

Would you mind removing your browser cache and trying again? Alternatively, you can try using an incognito browser session.
Should the issue persist, please send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so that we can pass down the info to the right folks!

Much appreciated! We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue, when I am sent the full streaming history link. It just sends me to the link you just posted, and it does not download the extended history. It just says resend the email, which that download link then sends me right back to the page where I started at

Suggested posts