Premium Family

Country

Norway

Device

(Desktop app)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi. I just created a family account since my family got spotify premium. My username however is really weird, and I can't edit my profile at all. I've tried all the stuff that the support pages tell me to do, I've linked and relinked my facebook account several times. The option to "disconnect from facebook" does not appear under the "Social" page of my settings on the windows app, and neither does connect to facebook, so I've had to connect it by login in via facebook. Even when I've gone on facebook and disconnected my account from there it still doesn't let me edit my profile in the web browser. I'm guessing there is a conflict of some kind from my old free account and this new premium but I've tried everything and haven't been able to fix it. Please help, I just want to edit my profile and having a Spotify account that's not connected to facebook.

Any help is appreciated

Donglao

12 Replies

Hey there @user-removedi!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

All new Spotify accounts have an automatically created username that usually is a string of letters and numbers. This allows our users to be able to choose a display name. 

If you only see the auto-generated username, we'd recommend logging out and logging back it, and you can take a look here to see how to set up a display name.

The automatically generated username should show only on your account overview page as an unique indicator for your account.

We hope this info helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear @Elena,
You haven't answered the question, and because of it, I've got to write this message. I'm struggling with the same issue. In the documentation, there is written that you can disconnect the Facebook account in the desktop app settings, which isn't true. After I went to my Facebook profile and disabled the Spotify app, I'm still not able to edit my account!

Hey @LukoFoks!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

There are a few possible options to create a Spotify account - you can choose to do it directly with Spotify and use your email address to register or create your account via Facebook.

With Facebook-created accounts, you're not given the option to disconnect via the Spotify app, you can do that from your Facebook settings.

With that type of accounts it's also not possible to edit info like your email address, date of birth, etc. because that data is taken directly from your Facebook profile.

You should still be able to change your display name with the steps here, and you can check this page out if you'd like to see what you can do to update the rest of the account info.

Hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator

I can't edit anything about my profile, my email address, my nickname/display name, my DOB, anything. I understand I can't change my "username", that long string of numbers or anything, but it won't even let me log in with my email or my display name. I need to use that whole string of numbers (and I've logged out and back in many times, even changing my password). Any time I drag my mouse over a field to edit it, a circle with a line through it appears, and clicking on it does nothing. As far as I know, I didn't set up my account through Facebook. What could the problem be?

Thank you,

Catie

Hey hey @porcelaingirl!

Thanks for writing on our Community.

We understand that you're not sure if you created your account via Facebook but it sounds like it was since you're not able to edit any of the info. This is excepted behavior with Facebook created accounts.

We'd recommend following the steps here and reach out to our support team that can help you further with this.

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator

Amazing,

suddenly the answer I needed!

Thank you, I appreciate it. It gives me the ability to delete my unused email.

Does this issue apply to accounts created with Google's auto-login? I'm locked out of doing anything to my account, and every attempt to look at my profile from the Spotify launcher goes to a separate Spotify website that is locked from making any changes. On top of everything else, there's no help outside of a not very helpful wiki.

Having to signup to *another* website just to ask questions is grinding my gears as well.

Hey there @FatherWendigo,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Can you check if the autofill option is activated in your browser and/or your phone? If it is activated, you can deactivate it. 

You can also send us a screen recording of what you're seeing. It's important that no sensitive information is visible. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

An agent always goes beyond the impossible! They solved my non-editable account!

Hey there @KleinVisuals

Thanks for reaching out here 🙂

We're glad to hear that this has been solved for you. 

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Take care!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I can't edit my profile too the edit profile doesn't shows up instead it shows nothing, only my profile

Hi @stwoby!

What device are you using? The Edit Profile button is visible only in the mobile app.  If you're using the desktop app or the Web Player, you need to click on your profile picture in order to edit your profile.

If you're still having difficulties, feel free to send over a screenshot which shows how things look on your end so we can get a clear understanding of what's happening.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts