Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find Facebook friends on Spotify

Solved!

Can't find Facebook friends on Spotify

I am having trouble with my Facebook integration on my Spotify account. It has been this way for quite some time. I remember the problem starting when I once accidentally deleted the Spotify permission on my Facebook account. I had to re-connect them, and struggled, and had to contact customer support. Now I am having more trouble. Two problems occur. 1) When I go to add friends from Facebook to my Spotify friends list, it says I have no Facebook friends with Spotify. I know otherwise. 2) When I go to my Facebook profile and click the "Spotify" tab, the page is blank. It doesn't show any information about the music I listen to or my playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found my way to the customer support chat and was told to delete Spotify from my Facebook apps, thwn log out of Spotify and go to the signup page and choose to sign up using Facebook. That re-established all permissions and solved the issue 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @fresiki, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the integration. Does clearing out your browser's cache and cookies help with your second issue?

About your first issue, can you make sure Spotify has view access to your friend list? Just go to Facebook settings > Apps > Spotify > Make sure "friend list" is checked.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

Marked as solution

I found my way to the customer support chat and was told to delete Spotify from my Facebook apps, thwn log out of Spotify and go to the signup page and choose to sign up using Facebook. That re-established all permissions and solved the issue 🙂

Hey @fresiki.

We're glad to hear everything is up and running after removing the app from your Facebook profile and adding it again.

If anything else comes up, feel free to open a new thread.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts