Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Phone

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I’m trying to view my Only You story but I can’t find it. I found the genre that showed me mixes but I couldn’t find the story anywhere. Both my phone and the app are up to date, can anyone help me?

40 Replies

Hey there @sgill2019

Thanks for your message. 

As @Alex mentioned, it's possible that the algorithm couldn't gather enough data to create the Only You experience and it didn't. This could be the reason why you're unable to find it.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve your experience. 

The Community will be here if anything else comes up.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am guessing that is not the case for me—I am on a family plan and out of everyone in my family I listen to the most music (range and frequency wise) and all of them are able to see there's, but I appreciate your response.

Spotify simply does not care.

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I tried full delete and have listened to a ton of music recently. It’s been 48 hours and I’ve still been unable to see anything beyond the genre playlists 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you let us know if you're missing the whole Only You or just specific stories/ banners?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I can’t see any of the only you slides I only see the genre playlists that have been posted in screenshots already in this thread. 

Hey @Brady13,

Thanks for the info.

This is something which is being currently worked on by the teams at Spotify. We don't have any official info when it will be fixed, as the investigation is still in motion.

We'll inform you here as soon as we have more news.

AlexModerator

Thanks Alex & Novi,

I believe it would be quite difficult for the algorithm not to have enough data on me given the fact that i use the app on a regular basis and interact with new artists almost every week. Like I said, I had initially been told my issue was with the fact that I streamed new music which in itself contradicts the requirements to be eligible for the only you feature to begin with.

I only received the mixes but I didn't get the banner or the stories

Hi, I can’t see the Only You story either. After reading the criteria I would most definitely meet all those. I’m in the UK if that helps, my fiancé can see his story. I can only see the genres 😕 have tried all the options above nothing has worked 

Hey folks,

Thanks for the posts.

The issue with not seeing the Banner and the Stories is being investigated. We'll let you know here, as soon as we have more official info on why this might be happening.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi,

Same situation with my account. I can see my genre mixes but no stories for my Only You content. Same thing happened with my Spotify Wrapped last year - no stories but I could see my mixes. 

Hey @Natzydm

Welcome to the Community 🙂

We're sorry to hear that you missed the Wrapped campaign last year. We'd recommend making sure to listen to all of your favorite songs and artists during this year so you don't miss out on this feature again. 

Regarding the Only You stories not appearing, it's possible that you don't meet some of the requirements that @Jeremy posted above or that you're located in a country where this specific campaign isn't available. 

Hope this helps. The Community will be here if anything else comes up.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I can view the only you genres but can't view any of the stories and banners

Screenshot_20210611-035925_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210611-035943_Spotify.jpg

Yeah it's not working with my account on both iPhone and android

Hey @Aatu07

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Could you describe in a bit more details which Only You-feature isn't working properly on your end? Let us know and we'll be able to have a closer look. 

Also, let us know the make and model of the two devices you have tried, their OS as well as the exact Spotify version installed on them. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

I just updated to 8.6.34.749 and I still only got the playlists and not the stories despite having listened to music both on my Android phone and my desktop everyday for the past 6 months so I don't think I should bother with this Only You thing anymore.

Hey Jeremy, 

I also cannot see stories for my only you, only playlists. I have had my premium account and have been actively been using it for at least 6 months. However, I recently switched to a family premium account after May 24th. Does this make me illegible for the update as I have changed my subscription even though I have had the account for months?

Hey @Rachel74,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Changing the subscription type shouldn't have an impact on the eligibility criteria for the Only You stories. However, as @Alex mentioned they are automatically generated by an algorithm which follows certain rules. If there isn't enough data - the stories won't be available.

You can test whether or not this is the case by asking a friend or family member who has the stories on their device to log in on your phone. If they see the stories there as well, this would mean that regrettably your account doesn't meet the eligibility criteria for the feature.

Hope this info helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

I have the same issue, clean reinstall, link clicking with genre playlists, latest app, latest iOS, premium account. Also didn't get 2020 wrapped for some reason. What can be done?

Suggested posts