Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Phone

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I’m trying to view my Only You story but I can’t find it. I found the genre that showed me mixes but I couldn’t find the story anywhere. Both my phone and the app are up to date, can anyone help me?

36 Replies

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

Can you let us know if the same thing occurs if you log in on a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Aatu07
Casual Listener
Yeah it's not working with my account on both iPhone and android

Ivan

Hey @Aatu07

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Could you describe in a bit more details which Only You-feature isn't working properly on your end? Let us know and we'll be able to have a closer look. 

Also, let us know the make and model of the two devices you have tried, their OS as well as the exact Spotify version installed on them. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

se-bena
Casual Listener

Hey Jeremy,

Can confirm that for me this persists on different devices - both on iOS and Android.

Jeremy

Hi there @se-bena,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if you received any email regarding only you? If you did, can you click the link that's provided in it?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

se-bena
Casual Listener

Hi Jeremy,

I did not receive an email about this but when I click the link shared on the Twitter Announcement I get taken to an only you page which only shows the genre & year mixes as per everyone else’s screenshots.

Thanks!

Alex

Hey folks,

As the Only You is automatically generated by an algorithm which follows certain rules. If the algorithm can't gather enough data to create the Only You - it won't.

This is the case if you're missing a certain part of Only you, but you can see it on a friend's account.

Making sure your app is running the latest version is the best thing you can do. If the story mix doesn't show up on you mobile device afterwards, the algorithm couldn't gather enough data on you and hence create Only you.

Hope this makes sense. 

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

MarcusNgugi
Casual Listener

I only received the mixes but I didn't get the banner or the stories

Novy

Hey there @sgill2019

Thanks for your message. 

As @Alex mentioned, it's possible that the algorithm couldn't gather enough data to create the Only You experience and it didn't. This could be the reason why you're unable to find it.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve your experience. 

The Community will be here if anything else comes up.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

se-bena
Casual Listener
Thanks Alex & Novi,

I believe it would be quite difficult for the algorithm not to have enough data on me given the fact that i use the app on a regular basis and interact with new artists almost every week. Like I said, I had initially been told my issue was with the fact that I streamed new music which in itself contradicts the requirements to be eligible for the only you feature to begin with.

sgill2019
Casual Listener
I am guessing that is not the case for me—I am on a family plan and out of everyone in my family I listen to the most music (range and frequency wise) and all of them are able to see there's, but I appreciate your response.

yas0
Visitor

Hello Jeremy, 

I’m sure I fit all of those criteria and have the latest version of the app, but for some reason I still can’t see my Only You. I’ve tried searching as well and it only comes up with the genre mixes but no slideshow. Any help would be appreciated.

Snitschel
Casual Listener
Same for me. I am on the newest version of spotify and have for sure listened to enough music.

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Pstock59, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know what happens when you go to this link on the iPhone > Tap Download Spotify? When you tap Download Spotify, it should take you straight to the app. 

Let me know if it takes you to view Only You.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sgill2019
Casual Listener
tried this and was brought to the same place as previous screenshots have showed 😕 I had talked to someone at Spotify a few days ago and they said it would clear up in 24-48hrs but still hasn't. They had me reinstall app, clear cache, try from different devices etc.

lucianorosa__
Visitor
hello guys, i’ve tried every link but no one seems to work 😞
what should i do?
SUGGESTED POSTS