Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get Reset Password message if using Firefox

Can't get Reset Password message if using Firefox

Premium member here.

I haven't been able to log into Spotify on my laptop the last couple of days, so I've been trying to get a Reset Password message emailed to the account I used to sign up for Spotify. After clicking the Reset Password link at the bottom of the Spotify desktop window it takes a long time (a little over a minute) for it to open a browser window to the page where you type in your email address. For me, Spotify automatically uses Firefox as the browser (I have Chrome as my default browser, dk if Spotify desktop client checks that?) and after I click the Send Message button, the little "we're working on it" icon comes up and immediately dissappears. Usually it will stay a couple seconds while it rotates or whatever you call it. Also, no confirmation page loads saying "We sent your message". I finally copy/pasted the URL into an IE window and it worked! I got the little icon going round and round, then confirmation page loaded, message arrived a couple minutes later.

I've found my own work around, so I gues this is "solved", but I wanted to put it out there for anyone else having the same problem. And also so Spotify Support can maybe look into this and see what is happening. *I do use Avast Free and the NoScript add-ons in Firefox, with Firefox's baked-in protection set to default. After disabling my add-ons and telling Firefox not to keep me safe, it still wouldn't work. So I don't think this is an issue with my security children not playing well together in the park. 🙂

1 Reply

Hey @neesey3po!

Thanks for letting us know about this. You could try clearing the cache and cookies from the browser and try again when you need it. We'll pass the info on to the relevant team. 

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts