Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get Spotify Premium with PayPal

Solved!

Can't get Spotify Premium with PayPal

Today I saw there was a 30 da free trial thing so I went ahead to get it. When I typed in everything it looped me back to the page that lets me select my payment option. My zip code was entered the same as on Spotify. I've tried buying it several times. Everytime paypal says loading after I click "I accept and agree" then brings me to purchase page. Please help

85 Replies

Its happened to me too, im pretty sure its becuase you have already used that paypal account to make an account premium before so it doesnt let you do it on more than one account.

You are kidding me.  This has been screwed up for at least several months?  Guess they really don't want customers.  Good to know.  I'm outta here.  Stu

Same happened in Switzerland...

Previously, it used to have an option for premium subscription in the Spotify app, I always upgrad directly from my iTunes account, sometimes it just bugs out, but after reinstall the app, it works out eventually. However, can't use it anymore. Hope someone to figure out.

@RK16

To pay through iTunes, go to your music on iPhone (regular music not Spotify) and click on the upper left corner on the button of a silhouette of the face of a man and then from there click on view Apple ID and type in your password and then after that it takes you to a menu and click on manage (it's under subscriptions) and it should say "Spotify music; Spotify premium; expired" click on expired and then click subscribe and after that go on to Spotify and sign out and sign in and reload the app and it should be Premium.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@osornios thx for your advice. That's exactly what I did, renewed the subscription, logged out and logged in, reloaded again, still nothing changed. Turned out, Apple charged my money, Spotify still on free. I don't wanna bother, I use Apple Music instead. At least I don't have to sync my music all the time, it's just annoying.

@RK16

You can log into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email, your username will be displayed after you login.

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios Nope, can't do that, still free up there. But I figured out I can upgrade by redeeming the code. I'm gonna buy Spotify gift card. Hope it'll work out. I'll let you know. thx bro.

Hey I have the same problem (with paypal, no itunes). I used the same paypal account for a different spotify premium account. Is that why i cant complete the payment. If so, what should i do now?

@d_han7

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Same! My spotify keeps looping me back to the payment choice, after I pay. Someone help.

Hey @Smasherqw,

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)
osorniosSpotify Star

it's a problem with spotify's integration with paypal.  these users aren't doing anything odd.  i have verified this by using chrome, firefox, ie, opera, and using windows 10, mac osx, and an iphone 6.  it's not a country specific issue.  i'd like to see someone post that had this work.  my guess is there isn't one.  anyone who claims it worked says things like "i entered my cc # and it worked."  that isn't the same as using paypal.  credit card integrations work.

I totally agree!

Tried different devices/browsers, but always the same procedure.

After accepting the payment in Paypal I return to tthe spotify 

https://www.spotify.com/nl/purchase/panel/?country=NL#__main-billing-paypal

Problem still exists.

I have the same issue!

Fix it please !

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 3.09.24 PM.png

HELP!!! Same problem...:(

Considering this is kind of related, i'm from England and I have created a new account so that I am entitled to the 99p for 3 months Premium deal, however my new account says i'm from the US and I cannot change it for some reason. This means it won't let me proceed with the payment unless it's in dollars which obviously I cannot do so can anyone resolve my issue please.

Got the same problem... I had to create a new account, cause I deleted my Facebook... So with my new account I want to enjoy Premium again and right now you can get 3 months for €0,99 but I can't pay. I tried different browsers and the incognito window, but non of that is working. Can someone help me??

FOUND A FIX JUST MAKE A NEW PAYPAL ACCOUNT IT WILL WORK IF IT DID PLEAS LIKE SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE IT

Suggested posts