Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get Spotify Premium with PayPal

Solved!

Can't get Spotify Premium with PayPal

Today I saw there was a 30 da free trial thing so I went ahead to get it. When I typed in everything it looped me back to the page that lets me select my payment option. My zip code was entered the same as on Spotify. I've tried buying it several times. Everytime paypal says loading after I click "I accept and agree" then brings me to purchase page. Please help

85 Replies

Ya! Just create a new paypall, which I know is a hassel, and set how ever much you need to the new paypal. Then use the new paypall.

if you can, use a credit card first and then immediately change your payment method to PayPal. This worked for me (of course it's still annoying). Hope it works for you too!=)

Yes!  Thanks heaps robwin20, this just worked for me.

This is not a solution. I have a paypal with money in it. I want to use it.

Is there anyone here from Spotify support in order to help us?

Having this problem too! Spent all afternoon looking for a solution. My country does match the Spotify account and I don't think making a new PayPal account is a reasonable solution. Can anyone actually help? No customer support line and this is super annoying.

Hey @Matyy,

To get in touch with them, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Man!!!same problem now in 2017!? I am trying to do this from 27 hours straight and nothing....it gets me to blank page of the purchase panel....please...help...me....

This is the screen shot I took from the safari browser

IMG_9289.PNG

I have identified the problem. It is declining your account because you have already purchased a Spotify subscription with that PayPal account. Spotify is identifying it by what account you use. I'm sure that this is to prevent others from getting more than one 3-month subscription for only $0.99. If you want to get the Premium subscription you are going to have to pay the full $9.99 /mo. or use a different means of payment. Hope this helps.

- E.C.

How do you solve it?

Prepaid gift card. Nothing else worked
Marked as solution

THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE! :

CREATE A NEW PAYPAL AND ADD A DEBIT CARD OR A CREDIT CARD

SET THE COUNTRY IN PAYPAL .....*IMPORTANT STEP* YOU SHOULD BE SELECTING THE SAME COUNTRY YOU KEPT IN SPOTIFY!!!

FOR EXAMPLE :

IF YOUR COUNTRY IS US IN SPOTIFY , KEEP US IN PAYPAL !!!

AND IT'LL WORK PERFECTLY!!! I AM SAYING THIS WITH CONFIDENCE CAUSE I HAVE MYSELF GOT THAT PURCHASE PANEL ISSUE AND FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE!!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!;)

Spotify Issue Tag.png

YOU SHOULD BE SELECTING THE SAME COUNTRY YOU KEPT IN SPOTIFY!!!

It doesn't help. I created new account, set the same country, didn't have any premium account before. Still nothing. I want to pay with my paypal money, not debit card. What should I do.

You should create a NEW paypal AND NEW SPOTIFY ACCOUNT , and them keep the country US on both accounts!!!! after that add debit or credit card to the paypal and it will 100% WORK! JUST LOGIN WITH YOUR PAYPAL ON SPOTIFY AND IT'LL WORK!!!and the debit or credit card doesn't need to be the same country as the both spotify and paypal......get it!?

THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO PAY WITH DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD!

you can't pay with your paypal money! YOU NEED TO ADD A DEBIT CARD OR A CREDIT CARD!

THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO PAY WITH DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD!

you can't pay with your paypal money! YOU NEED TO ADD A DEBIT CARD OR A CREDIT CARD!

YOU NEED TO ADD A DEBIT CARD OR A CREDIT CARD TO YOUR PAYPAL! 

SPOTIFY DOESN'T ACCEPT PAYPAL MONEY OR BALANCE!

First of all stop yelling. You're advice is not helpful and putting it in caps doesn't change that. Telling someone the solution to Their mistake is making a new PayPal is rediculous. How about the developers just fix the bug. Pathetic its been reported so many times for so long and still hasn't been fixed. Going to go pay for someone else's music service. Spotify lost my business.

you know what!? just leave my comment if  its not WORKING FOR YOU! google it! and as of now , paypal is not working for me either so this is probably a bug! and you should probably wait till that spotify 3 months trial comes and then try it! 

I am having exactly the same problem. It is a Paypal issue - looping back. Happy to pay to go on Premium but the Paypal process isn't working. Been trying all day. Infuriating! How do you contact anyone to sort it out?!

Suggested posts